It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2006, 04:24 AM   #1
(female)

Lostsoul123 HB User
Unhappy Can you define depression?

..............Because I can't!
As winter draws in closer and the days get shorter I feel more and more vulnerable to what people say a "depression phase". It's so hard to explain to my boyfriend and closest friends how I'm feeling and whats going round my head because here is a hundred million things. Last night I explained to him what may be causing it but he didn't understand and when a person is depressed the last thing they wan to hear is "it's all in the mind". YES! I know that, it doesnt take rocket scientist to figure it out. There is days when I don't want to talk to anyone not even boyfriend which I share everything with. All I can say now is there is something missing and I don't know who or how it can be filled in.

Old 11-29-2006, 06:04 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

xxxzoexxx HB User
do you know what triggered this depression? are you in therapy? If not i thik that would be a good idea.

Last edited by xxxzoexxx; 11-29-2006 at 06:05 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2006, 07:28 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiasmama HB User
Re: Can you define depression?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostsoul123

..............Because I can't!
As winter draws in closer and the days get shorter I feel more and more vulnerable to what people say a "depression phase". It's so hard to explain to my boyfriend and closest friends how I'm feeling and whats going round my head because here is a hundred million things. Last night I explained to him what may be causing it but he didn't understand and when a person is depressed the last thing they wan to hear is "it's all in the mind". YES! I know that, it doesnt take rocket scientist to figure it out. There is days when I don't want to talk to anyone not even boyfriend which I share everything with. All I can say now is there is something missing and I don't know who or how it can be filled in.
I know it's hard to talk to people about depression when they've never had it. They would like to think they can relate...but they really can't. Get out in the sun (even if it's not sunny) for at least 30 mins a day. Really...this is a proven method and may help you get thru this funk. Give it a try....the results might suprise you.

Old 11-29-2006, 09:56 PM   #4
(male)

mongomad HB User
Re: Can you define depression?

You sound VERY young. I highly encourage you to seek help and start with a counselor. If you don't trust him, keep picking until you find a good one. If you can get this thing out in the open and work out things to do to prevent this each year you will not let it grow into a monster that you fear and hide from each fall. It will NEVER be easier than now to get help. That's not to say admitting you have a problem is easy, but the longer you wait the harder it is. Trust me, the 20 years it has taken me to admit it did so much damage to who I really am. Some irreparable and I don't get to go back and get a "do over".

Also, I have no idea what the definition of clinical depression is vs. anxiety and you and I really don't need them, just explain to people that deseerve an explanation for your changed behavior the way you feel (i.e. this time of year makes you feel blue as you miss summer or whatever you are feeling). If they laugh or don't understand, they probably are not worth your time. Think about you in this one, trust me.

Last edited by mongomad; 11-29-2006 at 10:06 PM.

Closed Thread