It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2006, 07:59 PM   #1
(male)

sheepvol2 HB User
i don't know what is going on with me

hi,
i have never done this before so i don't honestly know what is going ot happen.
for the last few weeks i have been intentional drifting away from my friends. I fel like as if they will do better without me in there lives and that i don't need to be a bother to them.
I truthfully think that i personally don't want any friends anymore. i feel that i don't need them or they cause me to much trouble.
I feel that my parents are committed for me to work at the family business and that i don't need to be friends with anyone.
I am not a emotional kid. I play football for my school and us to be the happiest and friendlest kid in school but now i just want nothing to do with anyone.
it is just that i am being stupid or should i just go with the flow.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2006, 08:20 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User
Re: i don't know what is going on with me

You need to recognize you might have a problem a "normal" person does not have the thoughts that you do right now. Go see a doctor or a counselor and get a handle on things.

good luck
trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2006, 09:00 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota_Skye HB User

hey sheepvol,

depends how old you are....do YOU like working for your parents's business, or are THEY expecting you to do it? you may have ambiguous feelings about that, and since you said you haven't been an 'emotinoal kid' you're withdrawing instead of 'feeling' and talking about things with both your parents and your friends. i don't know your entire situation, but think about it. just some thoughts. how long have you been working for your parents, anyway?

Old 12-02-2006, 04:25 PM   #4
(male)

sheepvol2 HB User

well i am 19 years old and working for my parents can be good and bad. I like it sometimes nad then i hate it some other times. I tried talking to one of my friends lately but they didn't seem to understand let alone want to. I have been working for my parents company for aobut 2 and a half years now. and as each year progress i become more involved with it so i odn't know what to make of it.

Old 12-02-2006, 10:13 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota_Skye HB User

hi sheepvol,

sometimes we grow out of relationships; we change; it's inevitable... but i still think you are not completely happy working there at this point. you're still young and i think you have much responsibility in terms of your parents' business. your friends, on the other hand, aren't experiencing this. you've grown up more than they have in the past two years, and your experiences and expectations aren't the same anymore. although, i feel there's a battle within you...on the one hand, you want to help your family, and on the other you would like to have some 'fun' with your friends (even though you many not admit the last one, consciously). you need to strike a balance here sheepvol, since it's not good to become entwined in one single thing so completely that other things in life are left to just fly out the window. i'm sure you know what i mean....it'll drive you nutty in the end.

do you have a girlfriend? what do you do in your spare time? you don't have to answer if you don't want to!!!

Closed Thread