It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2006, 07:44 AM   #1
(female)

kj_johnson HB User
Snowed In

Just wondereing if anyone else is going thru this crappy blizzard. It hit Wed nite and looks like it will be a few more days before i can get out, so much ice here. Thursday mrning there wasn't any sun and I slept about 21 hours. Yesterday and this morning the sun is bright so my depression isn't as bad. I couldn't live where winters are really bad alot. Ambulances, police, fireman can't get to people that are hurt. There was a housefire with 4 people inside and it was a major ordeal to get to them and get them to the burn unit. Not that I would get out a whole lot anyway, it's just knowing I can't.

Ms. Cabin Fever

Old 12-02-2006, 07:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User
Re: Snowed In

We got about 10inches in about 12 hours time. You have to love winter all of those wonderful winter excercises. My body feels like I got hit by a truck apparently I am out of shape. Shovel, shovel, shovel

trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2006, 08:56 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota_Skye HB User

i just wish we'll get at least some snow here in the east, especially for the holidays. that would be very nice, indeed! nothing here yet, though. yesterday, it got pretty windy and the temps fell into the 40's at night, but no snow... they said we may see some flurries here on tues, i think....it's been a nutty winter so far...temps were still in the upper 60's until not too long ago around here who wants that in winter?

trg--better get in shape with all that shoveling--now you have no choice.

kj--i'm truly sorry about the blizzard, and especially about those poor people and their house!!! i hope they're ok!!!!

i also hate it when the days are grey and dreary, but let me tell you, those SAD lamps do help to an extent. especially on such days. i think it's a good investment!!

wishing you both well!!!

Old 12-03-2006, 03:12 AM   #4
(female)

kj_johnson HB User

I did notice that with all the snow and ice and the sun shining in how much lighter it is, how much my depression lifted!! Im not that depressed that much right now, but I got alot more done inside with the bright sunlite coming in. So I'll most definitely be looking for a SAD lamp. They had a news clip on the correct way to shovel, hope you are doing it the correct way trg and sending this snow on to you Dakota

kj

Old 12-03-2006, 11:46 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota_Skye HB User

LOLOLOL

yeah, trg...send me some, not the ice, mind you, just the snow... so then i could make a snowman, and/or angels in the snow...that would be fun!

thanks kj!!! hope this works!!! so, get to it, trg!!!!

Closed Thread