It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2006, 10:00 AM   #1
(female)

Falling2Pieces HB User
I am so scared

I have an appointment today to talk to someone. I am so scared though because I don;t know what is going to happen. I have been pretending that I am ok and I dont need help for so long and I realized I do. I just broke up with my boyfriend of 2 years last week and it has brought up all of the feelings that ive pushed down for so long. I want to cut again I want to badly but I promised him I wouldnt and I havnt yet but I want to and I am afraid I am going to give in and do it. I feel so sad and so crazy. I havnt been able to eat in weeks and all i do is cry and freak out. I cant concentrate on school. I am increadbly shy. What if I can't talk to him. What if I cant bring myself to tell him what is in my head.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2006, 11:38 AM   #2
(female)

kj_johnson HB User
Re: I am so scared

Who are you seeing today? On Sunday? Therapist, friend, family? I don't know too much about cutting. And incredibly shy I was also. He doesn't know anything about how you feel? or maybe he does a little? let us know kj

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2006, 11:42 AM   #3
(female)

kj_johnson HB User

Who are you seeing today? On Sunday? Therapist, friend, family? I don't know too much about cutting. And incredibly shy I was also. He doesn't know anything about how you feel? or maybe he does a little? let us know kj

you will have more responses just hang in

Old 12-03-2006, 12:35 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota_Skye HB User

hi falling,

first of all, i give you much credit for realizing that you need some help and for reaching out for it!!!! that's more than a lot of people do.

you're much stronger than even you think you are! don't forget that!!! it's always unbelievably hard to break up with someone/to lose someone or something dear to you, but all i can say from my own experience is that the pain,anguish, and later on, hatred, WILL PASS, given time.

when you go to see this person, don't be afraid. i was always very, very shy myself (like other things in life, you'll outgrow a lot of it--once again, with time), but as for now, don't let it keep you down! pretending and making believe helped nobody. if you need to cry in front of this person, do it! if you need to yell, do that too! if you need to curse, and vent, and cry some more, let it out. let those feelings out--it'll make you feel much better. gather that strength from inside you and say to yourself you want to be feeling better, you don't want things to be the same anymore. you've had enough! talk, talk about the sadness, the not eating, the crying, the need to cut, and everything you can think of...

only by opening ourselves up and letting the pain come out, do we get some freedom and some peace for our souls.

like kj_johnson said, i don't know who're going to talk to, but if it's a genuine doctor , or therapist, or priest, or rabbi, DO IT!!!

blessings

Closed Thread