It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2006, 01:03 PM   #1
(female)

livingindreams HB User
please please help...

i blush all the time, and its making me so depressed...ill blush at anything, like if the teacher calls out my name in school or another classmate does, or if someone i know walks past me...its absolutely horrible, someone please help..

Old 12-03-2006, 06:49 PM   #2
(male)

Saverain HB User
Re: please please help...

Why does it make you depressed? It's better than looking like a zombie or this guy , we're all different but that's what makes life cool. There's nothing wrong with you, there's no reason to be depressed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2006, 07:55 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User

I think your feeling anxiety not depression

trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Old 12-04-2006, 10:11 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

Livingindreams, I used to blush some to. What I read is that being embarrassed/blushing is feeling shame about yourself. Do you feel bad about yourself, like you aren't very valuable? Also, remember that a lot of people blush and they don't get upset about it. It is okay to blush. Don't feel more shame about blushing. Some people actually think that blushing is cute. What I hear you saying is that you are getting depressed because of this blushing problem.

Old 12-04-2006, 11:06 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

whackedback HB Userwhackedback HB Userwhackedback HB User

LiD-

I did a quick search on the web and came up with the following little gem:

Facial Blushing (erythrophobia) is a sudden reddening of the face, which happens in response to certain social situations and is very embarrassing. Facial blushing has been associated with overactive sympathetic nervous system, and has been treated effectively with endoscopic thoracic sympathicotomy (ETS).

I thought I had heard about this. Under board rules, we aren't allowed to put e-mails or websites in posts, but I think if you research the underlined terms, you would find a lot of info about the subject, and possible treatments.

wb

Old 01-04-2007, 08:20 PM   #6
(male)

iller9 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saverain
Why does it make you depressed? It's better than looking like a zombie or this guy , we're all different but that's what makes life cool. There's nothing wrong with you, there's no reason to be depressed.
^Do you realy believe what you wrote or are you just trying to make her feel better because that's a load of BS.

Have your Dr. prescribe beta blockers like Propanalol. That's the only thing that will help and you have to take a high dose. For me it was 100mg and that helped a lot but not completely.

You lose some energy and can't do a lot of physical stuff so you have to work your life around it. It sucks but it's better than feeling like you do now.

Last edited by iller9; 01-04-2007 at 08:20 PM.

Closed Thread