It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2006, 03:01 PM   #1
(female)

nycgirl80 HB User
Unhappy Outbursts of rage

Hi all. I'm new here and I need some help.

I'm 26 years old and was first diagnosed with add and depression/anxiety at age 11. Since then I have been on Prozac, Wellbutrin, Buspar, Ritillin (sp?) and Lexapro. Now, I am taking Prozac and Welbutrin. They have proven to be a good combination for me for about 8 years now. I'm not sure whether it's because I'm going through a tough period in my life, but recently (the past month or so), I've been having major fits of depression. Screaming, breaking things, hitting things, crying uncontrollably, binge eating, etc. These fits come out of nowhere and are awful to deal with. My fiance has been so supportive through all of it and I'm very lucky to have him. But, I think this has a lot to do with the position my life is in. I'm having a very hard time in my chosen career path and feel embarrassed and pathetic because of my lack of success. This makes me act out in total rage, breaking glasses, screaming at the top of my lungs, swearing, crying. I find it hard to believe that it's all just me acting like a spoiled child. There's something more. I haven't had fits like this since I was a teenager and I'm wondering what is going on. Is anyone else experiencing things like this????

Old 12-04-2006, 06:43 PM   #2
(female)

Happy Days HB User
Re: Outbursts of rage

Let your doctor know about your anger and mood changes. Some of your meds may need to be adjusted. I suffer with depression and recently hit rock bottom due to some major stresses. I was hospitalized and given additional medications. I was getting angry but instead of an outburst, I was harming myself. I am still feeling very irritable and am trying to control these suicidal thoughts with the coping skills I learned but it is still not easy. I am not sure if our bodies become immune to some of these meds or if it is just circumstances in life that cause us to go over the edge. Definitely get some help and some counseling. You may just need to talk out some of the problems you are having, with a professional therapist.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread