It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2006, 05:30 PM   #1
(female)

bcostig HB User
Experience with Wellbutrin

I had my doctor double my Wellbutrin a few weeks ago. I don't think he had me on a real high dosage anyway. I had a bad experience at work. Someone half my age who had only been there a year got promoted over the rest of us. I've been there for 15 years and have worked my butt off, but she knew how to smooze and got the promotion. I was really devastated, so made an appointment with my doctor with the intention of getting my antidepressants increased. I've had good results! I've been able to "deal" with the person who got the promotion without any bitterness or anger at all! I still don't think it was fair, but I know I can't do anything. But, I've noticed something else recently...and I'm guessing it's the result of the Wellbutrin. I've had a lot more confidence in myself and have been more outgoing. I'm not an outgoing person, so this is strange...but wonderful! I'm also on Lexapro. Has anyone else had this experience? Thanks!

Old 12-05-2006, 06:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User
Re: Experience with Wellbutrin

Hi, good story! How much wellbutrin are you on? I take it because I quit smoking, and I don't think it's helping my depression at all. I'm not smoking so that is a good thing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2006, 04:10 AM   #3
(female)

bcostig HB User

I'm on 150 mg of Wellbutrin and also 10 mg Lexapro.

Old 12-07-2006, 04:08 AM   #4
(male)

TryToGetBetter HB User

sorry, but kind of off topic. has anyone have had problems with wellbutrin?, i have been on celexa,seroquel, risperdol, and i quuit all those and now just on effexor. When i took wellbutrin, i started getting rash and itch all over, so i quit taking that. But it's been like 3months since i had wellbutrin, and im still itch. So im wondering, has anyone else had any problems with wellbutrin?,,
By the way, effexor is great so far, i used to be really really depressed, but im able to manage my daily activities.

Old 12-08-2006, 10:34 AM   #5
(female)

13 Lori M HB User

I was recently prescribed 2-150 mg tablets of Wellbutrim for sever depression, I had requested that drug because I smoke and would like to quit, and I understand it is also used for dieting and I didn't want to gain any weight. Anyway, I took it for a week, it just about killed me. I have never felt so awful in my entire life. My heart was racing, sick to my stomach, I was out of my mind. I just wanted to die, crying all the time, couldn't figure out what was happening to me. I shouldn't have even been driving, I didn't know where the heck I was going half the time. Anyway, I went back to Dr and now I'm on the baby dose 37.5 mg of effexor. This is day 4. I feel alot better, however I'm scared after reading some of the posts about ever getting of this drug. I was on Paxil years ago, and it was terrible trying to get off. He will increase my dosage in a week when I go back, and I don't know if I should. Good luck to all!!!

Old 12-08-2006, 12:04 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User

Kind of off topic. I have been on 300mg of Wellbutrin for over a year and not only do I still smoke I probaly somke more than when I started. Guess that part of the med does not work for everyone other than that I have had no problems.

trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Closed Thread