It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2006, 05:39 AM   #1
(female)

jess1902 HB User
please help me

im a 15 yr old female, and im positive i suffer from depression. 3 yrs ago i suffered from depression when i lost the closest person to me and then my whole life turned around. i dont no if my depression is still related to that incident but it seems to be even worse than it was.
i need help because i have no one to talk to, i no people are always saying go to a doctor or talk to your parents about it but i just cant. i feel like if i tell my parents their going to be ashamed of me or something and i dont no how they'll react n i just dont no what to say. because the first time i had depression the doc told my mum n she acted as if i didnt n she would hide the anti-depressants from me because shem rekoned the doctor was lying.
i feel realy uncomfortable talking about it to other people and i just dont no what to do! please help me in anyway you can bcoz its driving me crazy!
thanks

Old 12-06-2006, 05:50 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User
Re: please help me

Jess, I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Sounds like you mom was in denial big time about your depression. This doesn't sound healthy at all for a mom to do something like this. I wonder what else she is doing that is contributing to your depression. Is there a teacher or someone at school that you could talk to? Any other adult or relative who could help you? What about your dad?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2006, 05:12 AM   #3
(female)

jess1902 HB User

no not realy, my dad is pretty much the same as my mum she like controlls him, whatever she says it gota be right you no? and im not close to any of my relatives, i hardly ever talk to any of them if im lucky maybe twice a year ill see them at a shop or something. and about the teachers i duno, im not close to any of the teachers because we always get swaped to different teachers n stuff n i feel like i i talk to someone like that , my parents will end up finding out. so im realy confused.

Old 12-07-2006, 08:58 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess, you need to talk to someone. I assume you are from Britain. Anyone over there in Britain reading this have any ideas who Jess can turn to?

Old 12-07-2006, 10:24 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

xxxzoexxx HB User

Jess,

I am so sorry about the loss of your friend.
I think you could do with some counseling. You are still probably greeving, from losing your friend, and it would be good to talk it over with someone. Counselers are usually very confedential, and they won;t tell your parents, if you don;'t feel comfortable with it. Generaly anti depressants should only be given to people 18+ and only as a last resort.

You may feel strange talking to a conseller at first, but if you try you will probably start to feel more comfortable after getting to know them better, and will feel relaxed talking to them.

I hope i helped a bit.

Take care.

Old 12-07-2006, 11:58 AM   #6
(female)

Babydoll81 HB User

Hi Jess

I can kinda understand what you are saying, I too was in such a similar situation. I know its not ideal but I went to the doctors, went to counselling and took medication without my Mum knowing and when I felt stronger I told her. I told her I didn't need her help cos I could do it on my own but I did need her support and understanding - ok so it wasn't a rosy ending and she didn't really say a lot to me about it and still doesn't talk about it much but at least I feel better about myself.

If you talk to your GP you know they can't tell your parents unless they think you are going to harm yourself or someone else. I urge you to bite the bullet and go for it.

Keep posting on here too cos it helps to just get things off your chest to people who understand and don't judge.

Good Luck Jess.

Love Clare

Old 12-08-2006, 06:49 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babydoll81

If you talk to your GP you know they can't tell your parents unless they think you are going to harm yourself or someone else. I urge you to bite the bullet and go for it.
There Jess, you got the info from another Brit, you can get help without your parents knowing.

Last edited by Sannah; 12-08-2006 at 06:51 AM.

Closed Thread