It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2006, 01:37 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

xxxzoexxx HB User
feelings of depression

For me the worst part of depression, is the feeling of no emotion and just emptiness. Sometimes it feels really nice to cry, if you do cry properly. anyone else feel that way?

Old 12-06-2006, 01:42 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Mokie HB User
Re: feelings of depression

ya, i do. its a comfort zone sometimes. my counselor says and i admit to her it is a comfort zone for me sometimes. sometimes i dont have emotions at all. just a general feeling blah, could care less if i was here or not. i'm wondering though....how do you "cry properly"?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2006, 02:26 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

xxxzoexxx HB User

well for me i am more emotionless than emotional. I don't cry much because i can't. even if i want to let things out. I try to cry, but i just feel stupid, and like i'm forcing out feelings. But when i cry so it gives me a release and i can just let it all out, and not be embarrassed, then i feel that is crying properly, to let it all out, and get some releif.

Last edited by xxxzoexxx; 12-06-2006 at 02:27 PM.

Old 12-06-2006, 04:49 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Mokie HB User

medication will do that. make you feel numb. it did me for a while. i would get so down and want to cry and just could not. there was a time or 2 where i made myself cry so i would feel something. now i seem more evened out in that i can cry if need be but who wants to cry all the time. i get crying though when i am really tired. today i was really tired and it just got to me and i had to cry. well, we do what we have to do i guess..

Old 12-06-2006, 04:58 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User

I don't feel anything in the middle just the extreme high or lows. It could be from the medication but I think it is more depression based.

trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Old 12-07-2006, 02:04 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

Survivor3 HB User

I felt emotionless on ssri's. I couldn't cry in situations that called for it. I can feel sadness now. It is a nice feeling in a way.

Old 12-07-2006, 03:20 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

pucca_chick HB User

hey-i was just thinking that today actually. i havent cried in a long long time. i feel like im blocked someway. even when i need to-i cannot cry. its the weirdest most frustrating and almost saddening feeling. i feel like a cold stone or something. i cut instead-but please im not suggesting you try that!

sometimes the numbness can make it worse, its that inbetween that you feel youll never escape and then you dont know how you are-the worst feeling is thinking-am i sick or am i just like this and maybe then ill be trapped like this forever!? -que the suicidal thoughts.

well thats just my way of feeling, did things improve much after you were taken off SSRs zoe?? xox

Old 12-07-2006, 05:54 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

xxxzoexxx HB User

I am still on ssri's i'm on celexa. It's possible that's it's just the meds that's causing the emotional numbness, I didn't take the pills for 2 days, as i've been waking up late, and though i should just miss though two days, and was feeling kinda the same. Alot of the time i feel kinda drunk and confused, on or off meds, does anyone else get that too? Or does that sound like a medical problem?

Anyways, thank you all for posting.

Last edited by xxxzoexxx; 12-07-2006 at 05:55 PM.

Old 12-09-2006, 02:31 AM   #9
Veteran
(male)

Therag HB User

Crying is a good thing. I always feel the pressure releasing after a good cry, better out than in. Although I haven't cried properly since 2003 when my cat died. I actually miss the feeling you get when crying.

Old 12-14-2006, 08:35 PM   #10
(female)

Sweet_Dreamz HB User

yes. I know exactly what your talking about. Sometimes I just want to cry and I let myself do so. Your not alone. It's ok to cry...holding it in hurts more.

Old 12-14-2006, 09:58 PM   #11
(female)

roseycheeks HB User

i was diagnoised with clinical depression at the begining of this year and crying doesn't make me feel any better about myself, oppsite actually i feel worse. The only thing that helps me is my medication without it i'd be a total mess. I use to have a cutting thing were i'd cut myself to take the pain awat but it never works either, i am looking for other ways to help myself with my depression so if you have any plz tell me. I don't like my meds coz of how they make me feel but i can't get off them either. So plz help.

Old 12-15-2006, 04:58 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

Roseycheeks, are you in counseling to work on the issues of your depression?

Old 12-15-2006, 10:48 PM   #13
(female)

Sweet_Dreamz HB User

roseycheeks, i dont know if this will help but its something that helps me.
it isnt to difficult or complex but it helps when i feel that all the emotions are too overwhelming.

Write.
you dont even have to see what your writing, in the dark or with your eyes closed it doesnt matter i feel it helps in transfering your feelings...i like to think of it as removing it from you and putting it on the paper...you can do whatever you want with the paper later.
i myself have many books and often write when im feeling bad.
just write whatever feelings you have it doesnt have to make sense.
again i dont know if this would work for you. i love writing but this may not be for you. still i thought it was worth letting you know. and anyone for that matter.

Old 12-17-2006, 03:30 AM   #14
(female)

skykate HB User

Writing can help to sort out your thoughts. When I was depressed, I wrote a lot. Now that I'm feeling better, I still carry through with the habit of writing in my journals.

Roseycheeks, what work for me are reading widely, sorting out my thoughts, religion, and a positive change in circumstances. The process is slow but the effects are more lasting, I think. I don't know what caused your depression, so I suppose you have to try and see what works for you. I tried many ways and very hard. It's not easy but keep trying and have lots of faith that you'll get better.

Closed Thread