It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2006, 02:44 PM   #1
(male)

Urial HB User
new and seeking advice

hi i apologise if im breaking any forum rules but i dont want to talk about this with anyone i know, i am clueless where to turn i dont want to see a doctor untill i am advised to.i dont know where to start but over the last few years i've had problems with my life any time i got a job i became miserable and quit which everyone i knew would just put down to me being a teenager(i am now 20)but im currently living with my girlfriend and am working,i have only had the job for a week and im already fearing another comeback...i feel constantly upset i start to cry.. i even feel like self harming which i have done in the past...not serious just scratches.but im ashamed to admit that i even have more extreme thoughts like fleeting moment of wanting to stick my foot in the road so i can break my foot to avoid work,i mean the feelings arent strong enough to do it but i shouldnt even be thinking it...i had the same problem in school i stopped going for fear of it. anyway i apologise for the long thread but i would like someones oppinion in whats wrong with me i have never heard of depression being linked with work but i have a few of the syptomes...anyway thank you in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2006, 03:06 PM   #2
(female)

Lanugo HB User
Re: new and seeking advice

Never heard of work being related to depression?! I could write a book on it! Anyway, you're not alone. You need to get a doctor you trust and maybe get a referral for some counselling/psychotherapy. Cognitive behavioural therapy could do you the world of good. Have you ever tried medication. Doctors (GPs) tend to just throw you on it but for many that can be such a positive thing. Although, if you don't want to take anything you don't have to. Your recovery path is up to you largely.
Keep posting anyway - especially if you do get put on meds, as they can have some troubling side-effects initially.
Lanugo xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2006, 03:09 PM   #3
(female)

Lanugo HB User

PS. To quote The Smiths

"I was looking for a job and then I found a job
and Heaven knows I'm miserable now"

I don't recommend listening to too much of The Smiths!

Old 12-06-2006, 03:21 PM   #4
(male)

Urial HB User

thanks for the advice i'll book an apointment at the doctors as soon as possible.i wont take any medication if i can avoid it.thanks for the help im new to this city and dont know anyone and i dont want to worry my girlfriend,so thanks for the help.i'll post again when i go to the doctor

Old 12-06-2006, 03:39 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

oceandreams HB User

Do you have social anxiety as well? That makes it very difficult to be around other people and hold down a job for very long. I think cog. behavior therapy might help with that too. I need to try it myself.

Old 12-06-2006, 04:00 PM   #6
(male)

Urial HB User

yeah i find it very hard to talk to anyone in person i prefer to sit alone and read in the staff room at work.one thing im scared of is therapy because i dont feel like i have enough time to myself already which i think is one of the reasons i feel so miserable..

Old 12-09-2006, 05:10 AM   #7
(male)

Urial HB User

the doctor seemed dead set it was just anxiety from a new job,she told me to go back to work and book another appointment in two weeks, last night was the worst and scariest night of my life but im going to work in 20 minutes and seeing how everything goes i cant afford to slip up now.

Old 12-09-2006, 06:53 AM   #8
Inactive
(male)

upnip HB User

First, I think you should seek professional help based on what you have described. Your problem has not alleviated itself over a number of years and you would benefit to discuss it with a psychotherapist or psychiatrist. Also, are you experiencing these feelings purely in conjuction with work? How do you feel outside work? This tidbit would be really telling as to what may be going on.

Old 12-09-2006, 03:06 PM   #9
(male)

Urial HB User

well i feel depressed out of work because i cant stop thinking about work.i finished my first day since the break down and i have to continue so i suppose im not too bad feeling really negative though.

Old 12-17-2006, 06:50 PM   #10
(male)

Urial HB User

well im staying in work for now while trying to figure out if i can conjure up some previous unknown skill that can pay the bills while keeping myself out of this menial work....i feel imprisoned in a job like this...its infuriating and frusterating i feel so angry i have to spend the rest of my life working when it makes me so unhappy and caged...id give anything to feel ok about working

Old 02-04-2007, 11:40 AM   #11
(male)

Urial HB User

im feeling so miserable again my atempts to get out of work are getting more desperate i even tryed fracturing my hand to get out of work i was going to hand my notice in today but my girlfriend got furious at me... i feel like she doesnt know just how horrible this is for me...im also terrified that this will happen with every job i get...i want to provide for my girlfriend but if i go crazy everytime i get a job thats not going to happen ...im gonna write my two weeks notice now and hopefully bring it in tomorrow

Closed Thread