It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2006, 01:11 PM   #1
(male)

Pianoman1959 HB User
Anyone have mood "shifts" don't know why?

Depression is an ugly beast that rears it's ugliness for no logical or predictable reason. At least, that is often the case with me. Some days are better than others. Sometimes, the morning is better than the afternoon. I'm on three meds. Sometimes, it feels like they are fantastic meds; a marvel of modern science. Sometimes, it feels like I'm taking placebos. Often times, there is no environmental reason for my mood going up or down. The same is often true for depresion's evil sister: anxiety, which can hit me like a blast of cold air only to vanish again. Anyone have similar experiences where you feel good or bad for no known reason??

Old 12-08-2006, 02:29 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Mokie HB User
Re: Anyone have mood "shifts" don't know why?

oh ya....i was worse before medication. i would be fine one moment and then down and upset, cutting on me the next. i've been told i didn't have enough seritonin. now that i'm on a med that is working...prozac....i dont' have ups and downs at a moments notice. i'm more stable buts till get down. although its not near as bad. thank the Lord. i'm thankful for my med even though i still dont' like taking something but i HAVE to. i just can't deal with this major depression anymore with out taking something.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2006, 03:31 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

Survivor3 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoman1959
Depression is an ugly beast that rears it's ugliness for no logical or predictable reason. At least, that is often the case with me. Some days are better than others. Sometimes, the morning is better than the afternoon. I'm on three meds. Sometimes, it feels like they are fantastic meds; a marvel of modern science. Sometimes, it feels like I'm taking placebos. Often times, there is no environmental reason for my mood going up or down. The same is often true for depresion's evil sister: anxiety, which can hit me like a blast of cold air only to vanish again. Anyone have similar experiences where you feel good or bad for no known reason??
Absolutely. With no rhyme or reason. I'm told this affliction takes on a life of it's own. What exactly that means, I don't know.

Old 12-08-2006, 03:55 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User

I have been this way for a long time where one minute I will be on and the next minute be off. It also shifts from week to week sometimes. Everytime I think I hit the lowest of the low I find a new level. I think it is called being unstable.

trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Old 12-08-2006, 05:10 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota_Skye HB User

absolutely!!!!!!!!!!

we are at the severe range of depression here...at least this is my case. despite taking meds with an almost religious observance and "talking" my life away, this demon from the depths of hell has been hounding me again rather severely, recently. i'm afraid of hitting another low point; a lower one than ever before would be tremendously frightening. there are absolutely no more coping mechanisms left at this poing...except maybe God...i'm past the anger point now. have been praying a lot lately. took the day off today, since i couldn't make it . tormented inside; staring into space thinking of nothing; trying not to feel these clawing paws of pain and anguish and entrapment around my head, my heart, my soul.....anymore. i need to be free. that's what i would really like. dream of, more likely. no reasoning power; don't know where the intensity of the feelings comes from; can't rationalize anymore. completely trapped in this abysmal hell on earth. is there something to take to numb one's feelings? yes, there is, i know--many things, in fact....zyprexa would definitely do it. another med. LOL yeah, give her another shot of thorazine! if i could just be like mr. spock from star strek for a while!!!! i feel like running on and on and on forever, like a wild animal--running until all the toxicity within me melts away, and my chest would feel open and clear again--at least i can still imagine how that used to feel. but it seems too long ago. and yet.......time is tricky, making me feel that i was young and happy just yesterday....

yeah, ....

Old 12-08-2006, 07:03 PM   #6
(female)

andy29 HB User

My moods are up and down all the time. Some days I am happy, then I flip flop to mean or moody. There are many of time that I feel like running away from my family and taking a looooong vacation. Depression is very strong and many people do not know how to cope with it. I feel like I have not been happy for years.

Old 12-09-2006, 11:15 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

oceandreams HB User

YES, I can really relate. Sometimes my emotions are all over the place.

Dakota, Sorry to hear the monster has come back. I hope you're feeling better today.

Old 12-10-2006, 06:49 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

Dakota, I'm sorry to hear about your downturn.

Old 12-10-2006, 07:19 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy29
...taking a looooong vacation.
I don't even feel like taking a vacation, I just feel like doing nothing all day long. I am so new to this depression and have no idea what to do. I am also new to the HealthBoards, hi everyone!

Old 12-11-2006, 11:39 AM   #10
(male)

Breezes HB User

When my mood suddenly changes for the worse it's usually because of my diet. Sugars, starches and simple carbs can do it.

Closed Thread