It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2006, 08:26 PM   #1
(female)

Teletubbie HB User
Unhappy At last I found people "like me"

Hi everybody. I am new to Healthboards. I was so glad and relieved then i came across this forum. Glad to know there are lots of you that feel the same as I do. Depression was part of my life since I can remember. Early childhood memories is of me coming home hoping that my mother changed into something anything and is still not in her pj's 3 o clock in the afternoon and hoping she stopped crying. I also thought she was weak and had no reason to be like that. SUPRISE! I ended up being her. It got very bad when I fell pregnant the first time and I was on meds for 6 months after my first son was born. I felt great but so guilty for not being able to cope on my own that i stopped taking it. Second pregnancy even worse. got it in the second trimester. even concidered suicide. Back on meds. same story again. Try to cope with out meds but at the moment I am really bad. why do i do this to myself. Why can't i admit that i need help and just go back on to meds? everybody is suffering and my marriage isn't doing to well either.

Old 12-11-2006, 09:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User
Re: At last I found people "like me"

HI: Welcome to the boards. From you wrote it sounds like you suffer from a chemical imbalance, how depression is passed on through generations, and the only real help is meds or maybe one of the alternative products out there. Your not weak when your on meds you are helping yourself and your family by being a better person

take care
trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2006, 11:14 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

msbibe HB User

Oh hey, hon, I've been in those shoes, with PPD too. Mild the first time, wild the second time. Zoloft probably literally saved my life--someone's life anyways. I was back to being mostly myself within about 3 weeks of starting it (at a rapid dose increase). It was soooooooooo worth it. It's worth it for your kids, too. If you're anything like I was, I was angry a lot (and wigged out with anxiety) so everyone was non-stop stressed. Once the Zoloft calmed ME down, everyone calmed down. ...so worth it. It's a strength to realize help is an option and to take the option. You don't get multiple chances to enjoy motherhood--do it for you, do it for them.

Old 12-12-2006, 04:55 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

Teletubbie, have you considered counseling also? Sounds like you could have missed out on some mothering while you were growing up?

Closed Thread