It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2006, 06:21 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

xxxzoexxx HB User
need my sex drive back

I don't like having such a low sex drive, well, pretty much non existant. I want to sleep with my boyfriend again, but i just don't feel like it. He then starts to feel insecure and thinks it's because he's not attractive. I think he's beautiful. And i want to show him, but i just feel nothing. is there anyway i can increase my sex drive? i am on celexa too. I really don't want this to damage our relationship.

Last edited by xxxzoexxx; 12-12-2006 at 06:21 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2006, 07:23 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

joebloggs2 HB Userjoebloggs2 HB User
Re: need my sex drive back

There are some legal natural herbs/remedies for sex drive. Google for "natural aphrodisiacs" or see the ****pedia entry for "aphrodisiac." Yohimbe is one example.

These work for some people but not others.. placebo? Some are.. some aren't. I have no experience with them so I really can't help further. Hopefully somebody else on the board can jump in and point you in a specific direction.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2006, 04:07 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

Survivor3 HB User

[QUOTE=xxxzoexxx]I don't like having such a low sex drive, well, pretty much non existant. I want to sleep with my boyfriend again, but i just don't feel like it. He then starts to feel insecure and thinks it's because he's not attractive. I think he's beautiful. And i want to show him, but i just feel nothing. is there anyway i can increase my sex drive? i am on celexa too.

Try less Celexa. These drugs have nasty sexual side effects.

Old 12-14-2006, 12:21 AM   #4
(female)

Jessbear HB User

Unfortunately I cannot offer any help to your problem, but I just wanted you to know that you're not the only one that has this issue. I've been on Lexapro since either May or June (can't remember which), and I've definitely been experiencing the sexual side effects. I brought it up to my doctor, who then gave me Wellbutrin XL to try in addition to the Lexapro. The Wellbutrin gave me some really bad side effects, so I decided it wasn't worth it. So for now, I'm stuck with no sex drive. I definitely understand what you're going through.

Old 12-15-2006, 12:26 PM   #5
(female)

bloodyhell HB User

I can't offer any help to get it back, but I can vouch for the effects of the drugs. It's one of those side effects risks that you have to decide if it's worth it.
Personally, when I stopped taking the drugs, my sex drive returned, thankfully, because I consider sexual contact life-affirming, joyous, and satisfying, and I cannot imagine a life deprived of such a natural pleasure. Depression alone removes desire, yet when it goes, and it always goes, with time, with me, at least I can still be intimate with somebody.

Closed Thread