It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2006, 05:38 AM   #1
(female)

dfroman1166 HB User
Starting Lexapro today

Hi,
I have been diagnosed with depression and severe ADD. I have been on Adderall for a week now which made me feel great for 3 days and has now been giving me some strange side effects - that's for the add boards -I know.
My question is has anyone here been on both meds? I feel very discouraged with the antidepressants they have not really helped me in the past. This may sound strange but the only time I feel "normal " -not even high is when I'm on painkillers! NO....I'm not an addict although if it was here, I'd probably be taking it. I have had several surgeries in the past 2 yrs appendix,then complications with the appendix, hernia.Will the lexapro eventually make me feel normal? I know that you need to be on these meds for 4-6 weeks in order to feel the full effects. And it it unreasonable for me to expect to feel as well balanced with antidepessants as I felt with the painkillers. I do realize that type of thinking is very dangerous. I also can't help but think that I deserve to feel normal and normal people should be able to get through the day without feeling extreme fatiuge , depression and tempermental out bursts. any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Old 12-13-2006, 04:04 PM   #2
(female)

corricatt HB User
Re: Starting Lexapro today

wow df, that sounds just like me.. I had a major surgery this year and haven't been the same since.. I too, am starting Lexapro today. I looking forward to feeling better. I hope this helps you too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2006, 04:21 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User
Re: Starting Lexapro today

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfroman1166
I also can't help but think that I deserve to feel normal and normal people should be able to get through the day without feeling extreme fatiuge , depression and tempermental out bursts. any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Wow! I was in the hospital for a week a few months ago with a ruptured appendix and peritonitis and this is exactly how I feel. I also quit smoking then (after 25 years/2 packs a days) and I'm serious, since then, everything has gone down hill. I am depressed, achy, irritable, can't sleep, am so very tired, can't breathe (I think I'm addicted to Vicks Sinex ), don't want to work, travel, I just want to sleep and eat. Could this all be caused by the surgery or the smoking cessation? Is there help? I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who feels like this!

Closed Thread