It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2006, 09:42 AM   #1
(female)

*Roxi* HB User
confused and frustrated new member

I am a new member and I just need to kinda vent. I'll be 21 on Dec 29..and I have had depression AND anxiety since I was 16. I just hit me and I havnt felt normal since..Is that how it happened to anyone else? Anyways, I've been seeing a cousiler and I am on Lexapro(for about a 8 months) and I just feel like I cannot get motivated to do anything. I Finally decided that I want to go to the Aveda Institute to do hair and makeup...(I still have doubts about it. I cannot make up my mind for Anything!!! I am so indecisive its not even funny..I worry and feel like if i choose something..thats it..even when i comes to buying a tshirt..and it scares the hell out of me. I worry and then i feel depressed and all I want to do is sleep and then I never get anything done!! It drives me crazy. I want to quit smoking, I want to work out, I want to meditate, I used to be able to at least try but now I cant even TRY anymore. What is my problem??? I just cant stop my habbits. I feel actually better than I have in the past couple of years but my motivation is pretty much gone..Im just confused. I down to one day a week at my current job, and I know that i feel better when I get out of the house...but its hard to even look for a job when Im not feeling good. I did get myself to apply at an Aveda salon for the front desk, it took me two days to fill out the app, I hope I get it but Im also scared to death because Its almost like id be starting my career..Uhhhhh...Ive been stuck in this rut for years and I feel like i will never get out of it. Sometimes I will have like half an hour (rarely!) WHere i feel normal, motivated, happy..Its a very distinct feeling and I wish i can feel it all of the time...Its Torture! I dont know if anyone will have anything to say about me and my situation but if anyone could give me some sort of insight it would be helpful
thanks, roxi

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2006, 09:53 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

xxxzoexxx HB User
Re: confused and frustrated new member

Hi,
I am 18 years old.
From the age of 14 i have had problems with depression, and then only a year and a half ago, got generalised anxiety disorder. I can relate with the feelings that you are very indecisive and can't conncentrate, do you ever feel almost manic? Maybe you have bi polar disorder.

have you had your thyriod glands checked? It's important to get all phyical problems ruled out before you concider it to be mental. I am right now reseaching into thyriod problems so i can speak to my doctor the next time i see her. As if it is a thyriod problem it can be fixed quite easily, as i've heard.

Also how is your diet? Your diet can effect your mood alot. Make sure you are having a balanced diet. and don't drink too much coffee, cola ect and tea (that's one rule i can't help but break!) but it's best to stay away from them to help anxiety.

I hope i have helped a bit.

Take care.

Last edited by xxxzoexxx; 12-13-2006 at 09:54 AM.

Old 12-13-2006, 10:10 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

Roxi, what is the scariest part of making a decision? Or what do you think is going to happen after you make a choice?

Old 12-13-2006, 10:13 AM   #4
(female)

*Roxi* HB User

I have thought that maybe i could be bipolar...but no one(doctors,therapists,ect) have ever sugested it. I dont know what is wrong with me! I think about that a lot, what ifs something else? I havent had my thyroid glands checked..i didnt know that could be a factor. As far as my diet, I try to eat good, but I do eat a lot of junk food...I know that diet and exercise would help me A LOT, along with meditation, quiting smoking, and everything else, I just cant get the motivation!! I guess i have to be miserable enough to really want to try and fix it..I just feel like everything is too much. I feel like im doing so much already, i cant do anymore. Thank you for your reply..I will ask my doctor about my thyroid glands, I just need to stay stong i guess and do everything one step at a time.
thanks again, roxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxzoexxx
Hi,
I am 18 years old.
From the age of 14 i have had problems with depression, and then only a year and a half ago, got generalised anxiety disorder. I can relate with the feelings that you are very indecisive and can't conncentrate, do you ever feel almost manic? Maybe you have bi polar disorder.

have you had your thyriod glands checked? It's important to get all phyical problems ruled out before you concider it to be mental. I am right now reseaching into thyriod problems so i can speak to my doctor the next time i see her. As if it is a thyriod problem it can be fixed quite easily, as i've heard.

Also how is your diet? Your diet can effect your mood alot. Make sure you are having a balanced diet. and don't drink too much coffee, cola ect and tea (that's one rule i can't help but break!) but it's best to stay away from them to help anxiety.

I hope i have helped a bit.

Take care.

Old 12-13-2006, 10:19 AM   #5
(female)

*Roxi* HB User

I guess that I feel like its going to effect my whole life (which the school is) but I am scared of getting into school and having axiety and then dropping out..which i did in High school and at a University i attended after a half of one semester. I panic when the work gets to be too much or if i start to get anxiety and i just want out. I think i am scared of failing? I dont know, i think i am just way to comfortable with my anxiety, used to it, scared of change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sannah
Roxi, what is the scariest part of making a decision? Or what do you think is going to happen after you make a choice?

Old 12-13-2006, 10:34 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

Roxi, you have to face your fears and make yourself do it. What makes you anxious (situations/people?)?

Closed Thread