It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2006, 12:31 PM   #1
(female)

dfroman1166 HB User
Whats up with the Lexapro?

Took my first dose of lexapro today 10mg. I feel very strange....in a good way. Almost too good. I was under the impression that it would take 2-6 weeks to feel anything is this true?
The only thing I can think is my pd had me on Tramadol the past few months for a severe backache but I've been off them for about a week now. Does the lexapro work similiar to the tramadol? I do realize they cannot be taken together due to overload of ssri - or whatever! I'm also taking adderal 20mg per day for add. Anyone know why I feel WAY TOO GOOD?? I'm not complaining just thought there may be a connection betwwen the tramadol and lexapro.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2006, 01:15 PM   #2
(female)

sunshine0806 HB User
Re: Whats up with the Lexapro?

It took me a week to feel any change. When I did, it's like you described it - I felt almost TOO good, lots of energy. The second week, this began to level off. I still had more energy than normal, but wasn't quite as bubbly. It remained like this for a few weeks, but I started going downhill and feeling like my old self after about 6 weeks. I went up to 15mg in late November, and that's where I am now. I don't have all the energy and happy feelings I had during the first week, but I'm feeling pretty good overall. I think it takes awhile to create a balance in your system.

As for the Tramadol, I can't say - never heard of it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2006, 02:48 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

Survivor3 HB User

[QUOTE=dfroman1166] Anyone know why I feel WAY TOO GOOD??

That amphetamine feeling won't last long.

Old 12-13-2006, 02:59 PM   #4
(female)

dfroman1166 HB User

Don't really care if it dosen't - just want to feel normal! Thought that maybe there was a connection to the tramadol- which is acually non-narcotic but does make you feel very relaxed. This is how I feel-as long as I can get through the day without feeling like I want to go far,far away or sleep all day then I'm good.

Old 12-14-2006, 08:49 AM   #5
(male)

indychris HB User

Hi dfroman1166, I started on Lexapro 10mg and Trazodone 100 mg at night 10 days ago. I also take 20mg per day of Aderal for ADD. I had no effect except blured vision for 5 days, 4 hrs a night sleep then 6th day real bad body cringing and super tense for about 6 hrs., same thing next day. Day 8 went to 20mg Lexapro and had a good day and a full night sleep, same on 9th. Last night not good only 4 hrs again but i will say that the last 4 days the my thinking seems better and I don't think about things I have no control of right now that were making me sad. I can see this might take some time to get my thinking right. I just deal with it and do what the doctors order.

Old 12-14-2006, 10:21 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

teacher2be HB User

that is exactly how i felt on the lexapro. i started it and it was WONDERFUL. i felt so good, so happy, so calm, so carefree, anxiety-free, i could face anything. that lasted about the first month. the first 2 weeks were great though. i took it 8 weeks and had anxiety all over again so i switched to zoloft which only lasted 4 days becaused it drove me crazy. then went back on lexapro have been for the last month. it really isn't doing alot for me right now so i am weaning off the 10 mg. at first it was great and then all in 3 months it wasn't working all the way

Closed Thread