It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2006, 09:56 PM   #1
(female)

Sweet_Dreamz HB User
lonely

I am young with depression.
Just wondering if there are any others out there in a simular position?
obviously a newbie...

Last edited by moderator2; 12-16-2006 at 05:05 PM. Reason: do not post your age on the public forums

Old 12-15-2006, 03:20 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

pucca_chick HB User
Wink Re: lonely

hey! me too-well im 18 but have struggled with all sorts from i was 14(depression wise)-read my posts to catch up on that very long story lol. so how are you?? are you in treatment, how many people know? no one but my doc and 1 freind knows about me-not even my parents have a clue. i know how lonely it is and i just thought id post and let you know were all here to help you, everyone is the same here and no one judges-its really helped me and point me in the right direction, some people ehre i couldnt have moved forward without good luck and take care, xox

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2006, 09:58 PM   #3
(female)

Sweet_Dreamz HB User
Re: lonely

Thanks alot for the reply I'm in treatment yes but not medication.
my parents do know..but i really regret telling them about it...alot of my friends know but no one really knows how to deal with it. Except one. I mentioned him in my first post. Besides my doctors and him I cant really talk with anyone else...kinda why I signed in here...anywayz...hope to hear from you again...

Old 12-16-2006, 08:42 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

xxxzoexxx HB User
Re: lonely

Hey sweet dreams, i am also around your age (i'm 18) and had depression and anxiety problems for 4 years. I understand how it feels to be alone with depression. I used to feel almost angry at people who were happy all the time, but now i don't, now i feel happy for them, and realise i can not feel bitter, it can end up feeding your depression more. as well as depression and anxiety i go in to hypomania, which is where i feel happy, i'm more confeident, more talkative, can't sleep, spend money on things i don't need and eventually it can cause me to feel very confused and disorintated. My moods swing from depression to that alot, and also times where i feel quite normal, which is relaxing. It's very exhauting for me, but i realise i can't give up, i think about my family and my boyfriend, and know i can't hurt them with suicide. I really hope that's not how i die, but if i stay strong i'll continute to carry on with life.

I think it's good that you are getting treatment for your depression, and i think medication shouldn't be tried untill you have tried everything else and also not untill you're 18.

Have you ever had your thyroid glands checked? That can contruibute alot to what your mood is like. and if you have a problem with your thyroid it can be fixed quite easily.

I hope i've helped a bit, oh and also welcome to the boards!

Take care.

Closed Thread