It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2006, 05:06 PM   #1
(female)

x-Bliss-x HB User
Unhappy How to cope

Hi guys i'm recently diagnosed and so far been posting on the depression boards but now I guess i've earned my badge to join this one.

I've been diagnosed with Bipolar NOS at the moment but my pdoc is hoping he can get me medicated before it turns into full Bipolar II and for obvious reasons so am I. I seem to be in the middle of Bipolar II and a rapid cycling type, is this normal? My main problem is the depression, this can last hours, days or weeks but then I can wake up one morning and it be completely gone and i'll go into hypomania, but this doesn't last long enough to be classed as Bipolar II. And then othertimes the changes can be as quick as swiching on a light. I can be hypomanic for an hour, depressed for the afternoon and then awake all night.

So anyway I'm having a really hard time at the moment. Signed off work, couldn't make it to my end of year exam and keep dipping into a real deep depression often coming out of nowhere. As the weeks are passing by the depressive episodes seem to get worse each time. I'm going back to my pdoc next week and hopefully having my antidepressants 30mg Citalopram changed as it's having no affect. I'm just finding it so hard to cope with at the moment, I feel so bad for moaning so much because I know some of you have been diagnosed for years. Sorry.

Old 12-16-2006, 09:06 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

xxxzoexxx HB User
Re: How to cope

I get the same syptoms, i'm almost always hypomanic at night sometimes i just want to scream, let me sleep! It's weird i hardly feel tired but i still want to sleep at night, and i can't. The depression after hypomania can be awful, my main syptom is extreme guilt.

You should probably go on mood stablisers and anti depressants.but i'm obvously not a doctor. I am not a diagnosed bipolar but my syptoms are sticking out so much recently that i would not be surprised if that was the diagnose i get when i see a psychiatrist in january.

My hypomanic syptoms go on for a few days sometimes, and i can end up feeling confused and disorintated.

Do you have rapid cyling? I think you should go back to the doctor and talk about your depression symptoms.

take care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2006, 02:38 PM   #3
(female)

blu moon HB User

Hi there,

We sound as if were going through the same thing! I'm on exactly the same medication as you and it feels like it's doing nothing on a day to day basis, but if I stop taking it I feel even worse so can't win

My mood swings are extreme to say the least one minute I'll be racing about singing and dancing with my kids, next I'll be screaming and shouting at my hubby for putting something in the wrong place! I'm hoping to be given a mood stabiliser soon before he leaves me, haha.

I don't think you need to say sorry that's why were all here isn't it? To share our good and bad times with people who actually understand us!?

take care

Old 12-22-2006, 04:54 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

Survivor3 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-Bliss-x

Hi guys i'm recently diagnosed and so far been posting on the depression boards but now I guess i've earned my badge to join this one. I'm just finding it so hard to cope with at the moment, I feel so bad for moaning so much because I know some of you have been diagnosed for years. Sorry.
Welcome to the board. No need to apologize.

Closed Thread