It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2006, 06:26 PM   #1
(female)

nextpaige32 HB User
I am new

I am new to this website and I really don't know what to say except that I am having a really hard time. My mom died a few months ago and I feel so empty. I used to love Christmas and all of the festivities. Now I just feel like I'm faking my way through it. It used to be all happiness and now there is sadness that runs right through the middle of it. I have good days and bad ones and I guess today is just a bad one, but I have no one to talk to about it. My husband doesn't know what to do, he hardly pays enough attention to even know I'm breathing, my son is only 14 so he doesn't know whats wrong. Somebody please tell me how to get rid of this horrible sadness.

Old 12-16-2006, 07:01 PM   #2
(female)

Calamity3039 HB User
Re: I am new

Don't under estimate your son and husband. They probably don't know how to comfort you right now. If you have never been through a close person dying you wouldn't know how to relate. Maybe talking to other relatives who were close to her. They are the best to talk to because they are going through the same pain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2006, 07:53 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User

Hi: Welcome to healthboards. I am sorry about your family difficulties. Sometimes its good to write your story out and you may find other people in a similar position.

take care
trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Old 12-16-2006, 11:22 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

inda HB User
Thumbs up Re: I am new

{{{{ Nextpaige32}}}}}

I can certainly relate... I lost my grandfather on a christmas eve... a holiday but one that was tied to him completely every christmas since i was born I had always spent christmas eve with my Papaw and Mimaw... he passed in 1991 and it shook my world to its very core... changing the holidays forever.
I grew up in a family that was very close .... aunts uncles cousins we all congregated at mimaw and papaws house at minimum1 a month.. The year before I had lost an aunt so it was like doubled whammy. I really dont remember much of that whole christmas... I started having christmas eve then fir just my brother and his family and mine and out mother and mimaw.
Then it will be two years this Dec 27th that I lost her too... in between I lost my dad, an uncle 2 cousins. So the holidays have become a time when I know I will be very very down. I started doing baking and candy making to give me a focus. My family is always so worried about me... So I picked those 2 items to become my new tradition for christmas. I dont know if there is any chance you have something similar but if you can find one thing that you could do, to take your focus off of the sadness and start making a small segment a happier time! I do mine because it helps my hubby and son not worry about me so much... if I cant do it for me.. at least I can make the effort for them... allow them to not be drug under my deprression.

Old 12-17-2006, 06:25 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

Paige, sorry to hear about your loss. I think that two months is too soon to expect yourself to feel better just yet. Can you go to a grief counselor? I think that you can contact a hospice to get info about any counselors who specialize in grief. I know that it will help if you can find someone to talk to about this.

Closed Thread