It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2006, 06:15 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

cram315 HB User
Depression and medication choices

I am 46 year old female. I have been dealing with a problem that has just consumed me (a family member is sick) and as strong as I tried to be, it finally beat me down. This past month I have been feeling blue to the point of tears, I lost interest in everything, work, school, gym, house, everything. I am always overwhelmed and sad and find myself eating to console myself. I am not overweight but my clothes are getting tight. I asked the doctor to put me on Wellbutrin to get me through this slump. Not teary anymore but no zest for life, everything is an effort, nothing holds my attention for long.

What other anti depressants are there that will pick up my mood without the side effect of eating. I need something to pick me up because this drought of happiness is killing me. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-17-2006, 06:21 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Mokie HB User
Re: Depression and medication choices

well, i'm on prozac and its wonderful. but i didn't pick it. i tried a couple different ones though my primary doctor but they didnt' work. my depression got worse so went to counseling and they suggested a psychatrist. they can pick the right med better then a reg doctor can. plus they are nice to talk to about mental things. although it depends. i've read some psy are not nice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2006, 12:22 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

cram315 HB User

I have an appt with a psychiatrist this week to review medicine choices. Have no idea if he is good or bad, will find out soon

Old 12-20-2006, 11:33 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiasmama HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cram315
I am 46 year old female. I have been dealing with a problem that has just consumed me (a family member is sick) and as strong as I tried to be, it finally beat me down. This past month I have been feeling blue to the point of tears, I lost interest in everything, work, school, gym, house, everything. I am always overwhelmed and sad and find myself eating to console myself. I am not overweight but my clothes are getting tight. I asked the doctor to put me on Wellbutrin to get me through this slump. Not teary anymore but no zest for life, everything is an effort, nothing holds my attention for long.

What other anti depressants are there that will pick up my mood without the side effect of eating. I need something to pick me up because this drought of happiness is killing me. Thanks.
First of all...what doctor? Family doctor? Therapist? How did you decide on Welbutrin? Are you in therapy now?

Old 12-20-2006, 05:26 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

cram315 HB User

I am in therapy right now. I asked my PCP to give me samples of wellbutrin, hoping that would work. I am going to see a psychiatrist tomorrow night to go over medication choices. I am having a hard time getting over the slump that I am in right now. I don't know anything about what anti depressants are out there. I do not want anything that is going to make me feel high or out of it. I also deal with stress, making my neck so tense it feels like it is going numb, if that makes sense. I sleep more than I don't during the night but waking up with huge black circles under my eyes.

Just reading my post makes me realize I need a professional

I switch between being tired/overwhelmed/depressed to angry/stressed out.

Closed Thread