It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2006, 03:34 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

boiler454 HB User
trg247?

Hey man. Do you get those depressive episodes even on the meds. Yesterday i really had a good day and today i have had 2 depressive episodes with some of those bad urges. Why would today be different? My depressive feelings will lift and then they come back. Sometimes they are just the kind where I want to just set and wait it out. How do you cope when the urges to harm yourself come on you. You really do help. I am still leary of the med, but the urges would probably be stronger and more often. I know you said you get the thoughts about everyday, i do to.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2006, 04:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User
Re: trg247?

I go through the same thing. I will be in a positive mindframe then out of nowhere the depression will slip back in. I deal with self harm issues on a daily basis, I guess it is a way I stay in control. The depressive episodes I do get are not as severe as they once were for the most part and I imagine the meds are the main reason for that

take care
trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2006, 04:13 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

boiler454 HB User

Do you think that the bad thoughts are just worse on certain days? Do you ever just sit down and wait a episode out. I was really positive yesterday and today has been negative. what do you do when the bad thoughts rare up and the episode is strong? Do you have depresive episodes each day?

Old 12-18-2006, 04:36 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

The depressive urges just show up, sometimes they only last a short time were others will last for the rest of the day. If I go to sleep depressed I will wake up depressed. I have a lot of urges around self injury and on a good day I am able to overcome it where as on a bad day I give in to it. I still get suicidal thoughts but thankfully not nearly as I use too. My lifechain is my son he is able to keep me on this planet by being the reason I have not ended it all

trg247

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Old 12-18-2006, 04:48 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

boiler454 HB User

I was doing well over the weekend but today i have gotten the bad thoughts pretty bad. Do you chalk it up to just a bad day? I will not be feeling that depressed and then all of a sudden i get a end it all thought. Some days i barely get one. How do you deal with the bad urge to hurt yourself. That is what i get is an urge and bad thought.

Old 12-18-2006, 05:12 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

I live in a very stable/non feeling world where I only feel the very high or the very low. When an urge comes on I either defeat it right away(on good days) or it festers and grows(bad days). The mornings when I wake up to them I don't get out of bed til there gone. The bad urges I usually get later in the day and I have been thinking about the day. if the day was bad and I can't think of anything positive it ends up being a choice of cut or kill myself. I will never kill myself for I do not want to damage my son and family. So I cut, how much depends on the day and how far out of control I am.

trg247

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Closed Thread