It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2006, 04:11 PM   #1
(male)

okletsgo HB User
does effexor xr give energy?

Old 12-18-2006, 05:08 PM   #2
(female)

deeffexoring HB User
Re: does effexor xr give energy?

Initially, I think Effexor did "energize" me. But, then even after being on the highest dose for years, it simply stopped working. Decided to go off. That was 10 months ago. I'm still not off and the incredible lack of energy (utter exhuastion) is just one of the lovely withdrawl symptoms I am dealing with. So, if I were you, I would avoid this "med" at all costs.

Some do not have severe withdrawl sypmtoms, but I do and I wish more than anything that I'd never started.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2006, 08:19 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

SOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeffexoring
Initially, I think Effexor did "energize" me. But, then even after being on the highest dose for years, it simply stopped working. Decided to go off. That was 10 months ago. I'm still not off and the incredible lack of energy (utter exhuastion) is just one of the lovely withdrawl symptoms I am dealing with. So, if I were you, I would avoid this "med" at all costs.

Some do not have severe withdrawl sypmtoms, but I do and I wish more than anything that I'd never started.
I'm sorry to hear that you are still struggling. You will get off and it will get better... hang in there!

SOE

Old 12-19-2006, 08:16 PM   #4
(male)

Pianoman1959 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by okletsgo

Yes, it gives energy, which is why most pdocs recommend taking it in the AM. I don't know your entire history with Effexor. It takes a couple of weeks to kick in. The Effexor XR is more effective. The average dose is 150 MG. What dose are you on? How long have you been taking it?

Last edited by Pianoman1959; 12-19-2006 at 08:18 PM.

Old 12-20-2006, 08:41 AM   #5
(male)

okletsgo HB User

oh i'm not in effexor xr right now, but i'm going to see a new phycatrist in january, so most likely he would put me on that, hopefully. i;m taking lexapro but it aint doing anything. it has help me alot of my anxiety but thats pretty much it. i dont know why people give up so soon on meds, its takes time.

Old 12-20-2006, 11:45 AM   #6
(male)

Pianoman1959 HB User

oh i'm not in effexor xr right now, but i'm going to see a new phycatrist in january, so most likely he would put me on that, hopefully. i;m taking lexapro but it aint doing anything. it has help me alot of my anxiety but thats pretty much it. i dont know why people give up so soon on meds, its takes time.

Yes, it is a painfully time consuming process to find the right med or "cocktail". Takes time for the AD's to kick in. Takes time to get to the correct dose. Sometimes, people (including myself) have quit their meds because they felt that the meds were useless. After meds wear off, you can often tell that they were making some difference. Well, have a nice day.

Old 12-20-2006, 06:06 PM   #7
(female)

Countrygirl1 HB User

Effexor XR does not give me energy. However, my pdoc is reluctant to change to another AD.

Old 12-20-2006, 07:29 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User

I misssed taking my Effexor for a couple of days once, and once I realized I had missed a dose it was around 4pm so I took the missed dose (150mg) and I had trouble sleeping that night. I do not know if they are connected but it did seem kind of coincidental.

trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Old 12-21-2006, 03:55 AM   #9
(female)

deeffexoring HB User

Hey SOE,
I am still struggling. The job I got in July is the best job I've ever had. However, it is critical that I subdue the rage I sometimes feel so I am tapering ridiculously slow. The weight? I learned that if I follow the Weight Watchers plan without any deviations I can lose weight. The problem of course is I also need to watch my moods. So...After 10 weeks I lost 8 pounds but since the holidays are here I am not even trying and I'm not going to the WW meetings. I plan to start back in January because at 5' I really don't want to hit the 200 lb mark before I get off this s*** and it looks like that could easily happen. Thanks for asking. I hope you and everyone else on this board have a blessed holiday season.

Old 12-21-2006, 07:05 PM   #10
(female)

beach4me HB User

No...effexor only made me tired..... depression was a little better.

Now taking Wellburtin XL and like it much better. It does energize me in the mornings, lifts the depression, no sexual side effects and even starting to lose a few pounds.

Good luck to you.

Old 12-22-2006, 04:29 PM   #11
Facilitator
(female)

SOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB User

It didn't give me energy.

SOE

Closed Thread