It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2006, 09:00 AM   #1
(female)

hsp1 HB User
Unhappy My conselor said things to DEPRESS me some!

HI there!

I have OCD and I have been NOTHING but Honest with my counselor bout my issues with OCD. She says things to me that makes me depressed and feel worthless. ONE in which is putting down my faith in Christianity by saying snide remarks. BUT she is sure not to say them directly. Another thing that she does is to OVER emphize certian things about me that makes me feel worthless. Example I have one friend who is MORE like family to me. She goes on and on and on how I NEED to make more friends, I NEVER told her that I was upset about having JUST one friend. There are alot of other things that she says to me that are VERY offensive. She is a VERY direct person. BTW this woman is getting paid by the state so I do not have to pay that is why I have STUCK this out for so long....(6 sessions)
DO you have ANY advice about what I should do????

Now my problem about this is my phyciatrist is a GREAT DOCTOR but is VERY good friends with this woman. I dont want to **** my phyciatrist off if I tell him how she makes me feel. What do should I do in THIS situation!

Thank you in advance for your advice!!!!

Old 12-20-2006, 09:36 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

CaringMom HB User
Re: My conselor said things to DEPRESS me some!

Hello there. First of all, I would strongly advise getting away from this counselor!! No one has the right to make you feel the way you say you are feeling after talking with her. She does not sound professional at all. Secondly, if you really like your psychiatrist you should be able to tell him exactly what you have posted. Everything should be confidential between you and him no matter how good of friends he is with your counselor! If he gets offended by what you have to say about her, he too would be unprofessional at what he is doing. He needs to think about how you feel about her, not how he does. Are there no other counselors for you to see? Surely she is not the only one? If so, I'd drive elsewhere, (if possible) to find one better. Best of Luck! Keep us posted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2006, 09:44 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User
Re: My conselor said things to DEPRESS me some!

Hsp, sounds like this counselor is more about herself than about you. Without any changes I doubt that she can help you much. If you cannot switch counselors you could tell your pdoc about her and if you feel up to it, you could confront her on these issues. Answer her back immediately and tell her all of these things that you are telling us. This would do wonders for your ability to stand up to people (if this is a problem for you). Would you consider reporting her to her supervisor? I once told a pdoc that I didn't like his ability to form a "therapeutic alliance" with me!

Last edited by Sannah; 12-20-2006 at 09:46 AM.

Closed Thread