It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2006, 07:00 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User
Dakota Skye - How are you?

Dakota, haven't heard from you in awhile. Hope you are okay.

Old 12-22-2006, 10:18 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota_Skye HB User
Re: Dakota Skye - How are you?

hi dear sannah,

thanks for asking about me. today is actually the first day i came back here, to see how things are going. i'm glad you're still here!! you were right though. i haven't been doing well. i was at the bottom of the pit again for a while there. i actually thought i wasn't going to get out of it--my vision, my view got so narrow, so limited, i couldn't see anything, but the hell around me, and dare i say it--inside me?!! i think it was brought on by a few environmental factors, in addition to the fall/winter season (it always gets worse then). also, my hormones kill me around the time of my cycle, and the depression compounds by about 100%.

i've been functioning in day-to-day activities as much as i could, but i took off from work more days (here and there) than i would've liked to. i also worked with my shrink to stabilize myself a bit more, through talk and through medications. we've changed some things (we've added two other meds--one i've already started; the other one, i'm a bit cautious to start, since i haven't heard anyone try it before--although he showed me an article right there in his office--an article from one of his psychiatric journals about treatment-resistent depression and the medications to use, in conjunction with the basic ones..... and this particular med was one that is being used as an augmentative med. it works on the thyroid though ( it's synthroid) and even though he assured me he has other patients on it (i asked him about it), who are doing quite well, i'm still hesistant to add more meds to my ever-growing regimen. i got to the point where i even asked him about ECT, but he said there's no need for that at this point, and that we can try some more medication before we get to that level....

anyway, sannah, the past two-four weeks (can't even remember well) were hell on earth for me. can't even describe the emotional anguish,--ANGUISH in the truest sense of the word. besides that, i've had some horrendous migraines that didn't respond to the imitrex this time, and i ended up vomiting and ...anyway, you get the picture.

i don't know how, but the blackness and the darkness and the heavy stone on my chest lifted up somehow. they eased up a bit, actually more than a bit. my best friend came over to stay with me one evening--after a phone conversation she just showed up at my door..i thought she was crazy, but it was good to have her there; then my significant other was rather supportive, but now some other issues have come up between us as a result of this last "episode"of mine --although he's still with me; my sister has been as helpful as she could've been, and i thank God for her all the time; my mom, as always, didn't understand any of it....

i've been late shopping and decorating for the holidays, and somehow it didn't really feel very "festive" until i got a tree in here and put some lights and stuff on it. it actually made me happy. i was also happy to wrap some packages and some gifts.... and although i didn't want to go at first (didn't want to go at all!!), i'm going to go to pennsylvania, to see my b-friend's family, from the 26th to the 28th. i'm staying in ny from now til the 25th, to spend christmas with my own family. but, his mother really wanted me to go, and he said she would've been disappointed if i didn't, blah, blah, blah...but we're coming back together (he and i) on the 28th. even my psych. told me to go... so, i said, what the heck....i'm not very good at putting on "the mask" you know...and meeting the parents, and the cousins, and the kids....but, it's only two days out of my life.... i guess i'm making such a big deal out of it because of my issues, and because i'm probably still very sensitive to how others see me.

anyway, enough about me. how have you been doing sannah, and don't just give me a two sentence story!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2006, 05:22 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota Skye, I have thought about you often and look to see if you have posted. I started to get worried because your last post said that you weren't doing well. I am so glad that you are starting to feel better. You actually sound upbeat about your trip for Christmas! I am doing very well, thank you. Kids are off for break and our family is doing a lot of things. We went to an indoor water park/hotel for one overnight and today we saw the nutcracker ballet. Hope to continue to see you around the boards and again I am so glad to hear from you especially since you are feeling better. Have a good trip and Merry Christmas.

Old 12-23-2006, 04:32 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota_Skye HB User

hi sannah,

you sound as nice and pleasant as always!
good to hear from you too!!! it's must be a good feeling to have your children home for the holidays (how old are they, if you don't mind?). and, it's awesome to go and do things together!! i love those types of shows myself (i.e., nutcracker, the rockettes at radio city....). last year, my boyfriend and i saw "salute from vienna"--i think it was at lincoln center, and it was absolutely wonderful, with waltzes by johann and josef strauss, and dancers twirling and swirling on stage in period costumes... a feast for the eyes.... it's true that this holiday makes me a bit happier. i don't know why, since it's completely the opposite for other people, but i won't ask myself why anymore, and just take it as it comes, since i seldom feel this emotion... perhaps it reminds me of (and sometimes, it even makes me feel a bit like a) (child)hood, of innocence, of dreams, of new beginings--as cliche as it may sound.

thanks for your wishes, sannah. wishing you the same, plus health, abundance, accomplishments, and the serenity and peace of mind to enjoy them all!! merry, merry christmas to you and yours, and the best of everything in the new year, 2007!!

god bless!

Old 12-24-2006, 09:09 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota, my children are 5 and 7 yrs. old (both girls). The youngest still believes in Santa but my oldest, who is very analytical, figured it out this last yr (she started with "mom if fairies aren't real how can there be a tooth fairy"). It just snowballed from there!

Last edited by Sannah; 12-24-2006 at 09:09 AM.

Old 12-29-2006, 08:55 AM   #6
(female)

october885 HB User

Sannah,
Sorry to post here, but I am hoping you will read and respond. I saw on another thread that your daughter has leaky gut and was able to cure herself. Could you please provide me with more information? I believe I have leaky gut too, I ahve been going to doctors now for 12 months trying to figure out what is wrong with me. Thank you.

Old 12-29-2006, 09:23 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

October, I will post an answer for you over on the allergy board.

Old 12-31-2006, 09:04 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota_Skye HB User

dear sannah,

congratulations on your (i'm sure) beautiful daughters!!! it's very cute when they start discovering the "truth" about life, so to speak, and it's usually around 7 when kids start questioning fantasy vs. reality, but they don't have a real grasp on it completely though. it's what jean piaget called the pre- operational stage of cognitive development. nevertheless, they're very, very smart at 7 and will only get smarter at 8 lol... your 5-year old must be a doll!! may you and your family be blessed, sannah. you deserve it. you're one of the best pple i've met on here (there are many others, of course, but you kinda stand out, if you know what i mean)!

Happy New Year to you and yours!!

Old 12-31-2006, 09:07 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks Dakota! How was your trip to your boyfriend's family? Any issues come up?

Closed Thread