It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2006, 01:38 PM   #1
(female)

mad-rocker HB User
Trazodone Hydrochloride

Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone has taken Trazodone Hydrochloride? If so, did you have any problems with it?

My doctor wants me to take this as well as Sertraline. He said to take the Sertraline in the morning and the Trazodone Hydrochloride before I go to bed. As always, I'm a bit worried about doing that :-/

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2006, 02:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User
Re: Trazodone Hydrochloride

I took it for a couple of months as a sleeping aid. After two months it quit working so I switched to Temazapam.

trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2006, 06:07 PM   #3
(female)

kkkittykat HB User

I've been taking it for a couple of years for insomnia. Has worked well for me and still does.

Karen

Old 12-22-2006, 03:10 PM   #4
(female)

mad-rocker HB User

Thanks for your replies

I have to take them because the Sertraline isn't helping with the depression, just the anxiety. He said he was going to try putting the dose up, but because I'm getting weird dreams, he didn't think it was a good idea. So he's given me these to take and if they work better, he said to slowly come off the Sertraline. I'm just worried about taking two different antidepressants at the same time :-/

I'll just have to try it. If you both had no problems, then hopefully I won't either. Thanks again for your replies

Old 12-22-2006, 04:20 PM   #5
(female)

sunshine0806 HB User

I took it once as a sleep aid in the hospital because the hospital pharmacy didn't carry melatonin for my usual melatonin/amitryptiline sleep combo. It put me into a sort of dazed state - my head felt like it was full of rocks. I started drifting off and having weird thoughts, but it took me over a hour to fall asleep. Definitely didn't have the fast-acting effect that melatonin has. I was pretty drowsy in the morning, too, wheras with melatonin/amitryptiline, I don't have that. I did sleep well, I'll give it that. I would take it a couple hours before bedtime - maybe that would reduce the hangover effect.

Old 12-22-2006, 10:07 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

Dantheinsane HB User

I have taken Trazadone for about 9 to 10 years and it has been great for me. My psychiatrist said I could take up to 700 mg, but I took only 500 mg during the most needed times.

I started with 200 mg for several years before I needed an increase, but as soon as I could I would decrease it.

About a year ago I was getting depressed no matter what meds I was taking. I went through several and today I take 4 different meds, including lithium. Once again I started getting depressed. Then I accidently ran out of trazadone and found myself getting much better.

So I cut my trazadone in half and now I am doing OK. For me OK is great. With the exception of the last few days I have found a major cause to my current depression.

I still need the 200 mg's to sleep, but I will see my doctor in Janurary and I can ask him what else to do.

Old 01-12-2007, 08:25 PM   #7
(female)

mad-rocker HB User

Hi, sorry I've taken ages to reply.

The first time I took it, I slept really well. However, I woke up feeling very drowsy, like sunshine0806 said. I seemed to be ok when I took it again though. Because my sleeping pattern is really messed up, I can't seem to take them at the right time. I'm getting so frustrated

Closed Thread