It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2006, 06:15 PM   #1
(female)

dfroman1166 HB User
2 Weeks on Lexapro

Hello,
I have just finished my 2nd week of Lexapro. I really feel good! Just 1 week ago I was ready to cancel Christmas and now I'm humming carols,cleaning house and baking cookies! Will this get even better? I really hate having to take a pill to function. Will I ever feel good off these A/D? I also worry about coming off them and addiction! See why I'm on them? I'm a BIG worrier! Anybody else have succes w/Lexapro?

Old 12-22-2006, 06:54 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

upnip HB User
Re: 2 Weeks on Lexapro

I am on two weeks of lexapro too and I have noticed a HUGE improvement the past half week. I wouldn't worry yet about comming off it, most doctors ween you off the meds very slowly so you can adjust back to normal. Also, lexapro is generally less problematic than other meds I have been told.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-23-2006, 11:13 AM   #3
(female)

completely_lost HB User

I am on my second week of Lexapro too. My doctor told me that it was going to take approximately 3 weeks to start taking effect.

I don't really know if it is having any effect on me at all yet. Is that weird? I have seemed more active lately, that has to be a good thing, right?O_O

Old 12-24-2006, 04:42 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

bfcf88 HB User

I've been on Lexapro for 2 years now and I can't imagine wanting to go off of them. Many people take drugs to help with depression or anxiey. There is nothing to be worried about. I had the same questions about going off Lexapro. I even tried weening myself of them and realized that I feel more relaxed on them. There are worse illnesses in life, this is minimal compared to them. Just enjoy life, I also received a book from my boss on day called "Don't sweat the small stuff" When things get too much for me to handle I repeat to myself...THIS TOO WILL PASS. or YOU CAN ONLY FIT SOO MUCH THROUGH THAT DOOR. I know it sounds silly, but it works for me. Merry Christmas

Old 12-24-2006, 05:09 AM   #5
(female)

dfroman1166 HB User

Thank you! Your right we shoulden't sweat the small stuff! I'm glad to hear that Lexapro has worked for you for so long. Merry Christmas!

Old 12-24-2006, 06:29 AM   #6
(female)

sunshine0806 HB User

I have just finished my 2nd week of Lexapro. I really feel good! Just 1 week ago I was ready to cancel Christmas and now I'm humming carols,cleaning house and baking cookies! Will this get even better?

With me, the "high" went away after the 2nd week. The negative feelings started creeping back - I felt like the medicine was no longer having an effect. I didn't want to increase the dose, but after going through a bad situation in November which made me realize that my anxiety was just as bad as ever, I increased my dose to 15mg (with my doctor's recommendation). I don't have the extreme energy and happiness that I had when going on Lexapro initially, but I do feel better overall. I seem to have highs where, like you described, I have lots of energy and positive feelings. But, I also sometimes feel zombieish - not really tired, but just sort of in a fog. It's better than feeling negative all the time for no reason, though. It may just take some time for my body to get used to this new dose. I'm going to see how it does in the next couple of months. The alternatives out there don't sound very promising, so I guess I should be happy that Lexapro is at least making me feel better, despite the periods of zombiness.

Old 12-24-2006, 02:58 PM   #7
(female)

jazzmatazz HB User

I am wondering if you had any side effects. I posted (with no replys yet) that I am allergic to three of the ADs I tried. I also was on Celexa for almost a year, but the hot flash side effect became too much to deal with.

I am going to talk to my doctor about Lexapro since I have tried it yet.

Old 12-26-2006, 03:34 PM   #8
(female)

DKScully HB UserDKScully HB User

As I just posted in another thread, I tried Zoloft, Effexor XR, and Wellbutrin before finding Lexapro. I've been on it for about a year and a half and have generally been very happy with it. Yeah, I had to up my dose to 20 mg, and no, I am not Miss Sunshine all the time, but I generally feel in control of my life and don't cry every day like I did for a while. I haven't had any negative side effects, other than a decrease in sex drive.... Which is unfortunate, and it's a trade-off, but what can ya do...

Old 12-27-2006, 08:21 PM   #9
(male)

Sigmund79 HB User

I was on Celexa for 2 months with great results when my doc decided to switch me to Lexapro. Lexapro was great for about a month but then the negative thoughts starting seeping back in, plus I gained quite a bit of weight and had some sexual problems. I strongly disliked Lexapro and was actually happier once I went off it. Just my experience though. I have a friend currently taking it who enjoys it.

Closed Thread