It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2006, 03:12 AM   #1
(male)

Gotta get betta HB User
Need To Get Out Of This - Quick

Hello All, grateful if you can help me. I am looking to identify what type of depression I have so that this time I can tackle it more succesfully than in the past.

I am currently in the depth of an episode and doing nothing other than just surviving. I don't eat and just smoke constantly, I can't focus on anything and although I go to sleep wake up at 2-3am and then my brain goes into full depressive mode, where I just shiver and cry. I can't wash and can't even give my 2 children any attention. This makes me worse. I need to get better and soon as in 4 days I go back to work after xmas break but just don't know how I can do this at the moment.

I have a very well paid job, and am petrified that if I am unable to go back then I will lose my house and family

I first had depression in 1998 and have had 5 major do's since then - each lasting about 3 weeks. I then manage the situation so that I come off medication, but then fall back into depression as a result. I think my depression is triggered by social inadequacies. I hate depression and feel sorry for my family and fear the future - please help

Old 12-23-2006, 05:43 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User
Re: Need To Get Out Of This - Quick

GottaGetBetter, what exactly do you mean by social inadequacies? Could you explain a situation which would make you depressed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-23-2006, 07:04 AM   #3
(male)

Gotta get betta HB User

Hello Sannah - like feeling it difficult to communicate with certain characters. Not feeling comfortable in groups etc. Think this is the key trigger.

Old 12-23-2006, 07:30 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gottagetbetter, this stuff can be very troublesome and it can so easily be worked on. I was basically raised without being taught social skills plus because of how I was raised I learned that I wasn't very valuable and I never developed good boundaries. I was able to work on all of these issues and now I can function anywhere, anytime, with anyone. Why do you think that you aren't comfortable in groups and why do you have trouble communicating with certain people?

Old 12-23-2006, 10:17 AM   #5
Veteran
(male)

joebloggs2 HB Userjoebloggs2 HB User

Sannah, how did you work out these issues? Did you take meds and/or use therapy?

Old 12-24-2006, 10:00 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Joe, I recovered from anxiety with therapy only. My anxiety was never severe enough for meds.

Closed Thread