It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2006, 07:13 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

builder HB Userbuilder HB User
Non Anti depessant Drug Doing Wonders For My Moods

I have Fibromyalgia. I also have had severe boughts of depression throughout my life. I believe I tried about three quarters of the anti depressant drugs out there. Some doctors I've gone to gave me anti depressant drugs for my Fibro. I started taking a drug for MS called Baclofen 10mg. it is a muscle relaxer/anti spasmatic drug to try and help the muscle pain and stiffness. Well it did that but it also elevated my mood better than any anti depressant drug I have taken. Its effects were felt the first day. I actually feel like doing things. I have been in such a good mood, its amazing. My only side efect is feeling a little spacey, but no where near as much as I did on Elival or a few other anti depressants. So I am going to cut the pill in half and see what happens.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2007, 09:12 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Seymour93 HB User
Re: Non Anti depessant Drug Doing Wonders For My Moods

How are you doing now? A friend has a script for Baclofen also for ms spasticity but is nervous about trying new drugs. Any side effects?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2007, 09:15 AM   #3
(female)

even_sly HB User

I've heard of people having success with Cymbalta for Fibro... My sister takes Wellbutrin XL. She has Fibro and says it helps her.

But if you're feeling less spacey taking 1/2 of the Baclofen, I'd stick with it.

Let us know how you're doing, k? ~ Sly

Old 05-04-2007, 08:57 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

maggie0704 HB User

to restare:
You may being feeling the mood elevation because you are feeling better physically! My mom has fibromyalgia and i am going to see if she has heard of this as she is taking Subaxone right now and i don't like her taking it forever.

Closed Thread