It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2006, 12:31 PM   #1
(female)

jgoldfarb HB User
Question New Here, Need Help! Where to turn?

I was diagnoised with server depression, anxiety and some Bi-Polar tentenacies. I have seen a phychiarist (continue to see here on a regular basis for medications) and was seeing a phschologist, but she just did not seem to help me so I have dropped her for the moment.

I have been on EVERY anti-depressant (almost) out there, plus Abilify and Lexapro now and Lorazapam and I am still so depressed that I can barely get through the day.

I hit rock bottom awhile back where I could not get out of bed for days, which turned into months. I was unable to function and that was all I could do at that point.

I am now better, and on 20mg Llexapro, 15 Ability, and 3mg of Lorazapam at night to help me relax and sleep.

So if I am on so much medication, why do I feel such drepression? I have no interest in anything. I walk around the house like a zombie looking out the windows. I am able to get up now, take the dog for his walk, and I have been able to go out and start walking again myself, also doing some workout in the house on the tredmill and weight bench, but after I do my workout, shower and get dressed, then I am lost at what to do. I am not interested in my house or cooking, cleaning, etc. I live in a town I hate and there is no where I want to go here, so I am just lost as to know how to get out of this depression because even with all the meds, I am still depressed. Changing meds (again) won't help, because I have already been there. My Phschiarist is about to loose her mind with me!

I am trying to take all the steps to become healthy again and become undepressed, but it is not working, any suggestions?? Anyone been where I am and if so, what did you do to break through that big black cloud so you could get on with your life?

Thanks guys!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2006, 03:38 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

CaringMom HB User
Re: New Here, Need Help! Where to turn?

Hello! Sounds like you know what is going on with your depression, to a degree. You mentioned you hate the town you live in and there is nothing you want to do or anywhere you want to go. No wonder you don't want to get out! Are you married? Is moving an option? Children? Do you have any family around for support? Maybe to join something... PTA, church, organization. That could be a start. Sorry I'm not of any help but do want you to know I hope things brighten up for you. Take care of yourself; you're right, by being healthy, that's a start! Good luck.

Old 12-29-2006, 09:38 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

oceandreams HB User
Re: New Here, Need Help! Where to turn?

Can you try going without the Lorazapam for a few nights and see if you still feel as depressed? (Maybe try taking Benadryl if you can't sleep.) I was taking Klonopin (chlonazepam) every night, and feeling very depressed every day. I stopped taking it for a couple of days, and started to feel somewhat better. Still depressed, but not as intense. I think that most benzos have a depressant effect.

My life sounds a lot like yours. I have no interest in things I used to enjoy, barely manage to just keep the house half way cleaned, don't know what to do with myself each day. I also don't like my house or the city I live in! I'm super sensitive to the side effects of AD's, so can't even get up to a high enough dosage to know if there's one that could help me. So I'm also at a loss about what to do. Sorry I'm no help.

Last edited by oceandreams; 12-29-2006 at 09:46 PM.

Closed Thread