It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2006, 05:44 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

Therag HB User
new years eve without any friends to party with

Hi, I'm dreadin another new years eve again, It's new years eve tomorrow and there's no talk of any parties or anything. I'm so jealous of people who are going to be celebrating tomorrow night, and me in front of the tv with my mother, drinking on my own.

Old 12-30-2006, 01:42 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

inda HB User
Re: new years eve without any friends to party with

{{{{ therag }}}}

sounds like pretty much like mine ..except i probably wont be drinking.... drinking really messes with my depression....

I am hoping for a good new year... i was facing chemo and radiation last new years and now I am thru all of that and hoping that there is nothing more of that!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2006, 04:11 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiasmama HB User

I think of all the money I save

Old 12-30-2006, 06:01 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

pucca_chick HB User

hey guys dont worry. im 18-and have nowere really to go-how sad. i have freinds but im kinda left like the odd ball. one big group who i only know a few of are going to a club, they got tickets but didnt pick me up one cos they werent sure i was going. i dont feel rejected, i feel nothing. i know that actually these people didnt dump me cos were good freinds, the tickets were just way too expensive to get one for me just incase-but my mother is good at dancing up and down when she thinks ive been ditched by freinds and says i dont pick them very well etc etc. then the others are either with their boyfreinds, or away.

but to be honest id like nothing more than to just sleep or sit and drink or something alone-but i cant, not allowed too cos its way too obvious. i dont know what ill end up doing-im kinda hoping theres no tickets left and i can then get outta going out and then lie to my parents that i went to the club as theyre staying at a hotel that night. well whatever happens-happy new year to you all!!!
are my own
But theyre not yours,
they are my own
And i am never broken

Old 01-01-2007, 06:16 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

marian100 HB User

it is after the fact but i hope you all had a good new year's eve whatever you did and remember that things can change in a day let alone a year. i hope next year is better for you.

Old 01-01-2007, 06:16 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

marian100 HB User

it is after the fact but i hope you all had a good new year's eve whatever you did and remember that things can change in a day let alone a year. i hope next year is better for you.

Old 01-02-2007, 05:02 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User

also after the fact but I have to say taht my husband and I have picked and chosen over the years what we would do . this year we opted to stay home and enjoy a nice dinner and that's that. My 28 year old daughter who is single stayed home with us. I thought it would depress her but a few off her friends were staying home with their families and the other were going out on a load. since she is tired of this lifestyle (always partying) since all but one friend is single she was happy with her decision. she wants nothing more than to meet a nice guy , fall in love and get married and have kids. she hasn't met anyone worth dating lately but had to make the decision
1) stay home alot
2) go out and get drunk every weekend as there is nothing else anyone wants to do.
she chose the first. has alot of interest sbut it appears her friends are still in the under 25 mode of thought so she will work on a life of her own that she's happy with.
Happy New Year to all,
ICC

Old 01-03-2007, 05:04 AM   #8
Veteran
(male)

Therag HB User

Hi,

I hope everyone's having a great new year so far.

I actually felt quite content being at home this new years eve, whereas all other new years eve I have felt depressed. I think the dread waiting for new years eve was the worst feeling.

Old 01-03-2007, 05:08 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

Therag, glad to hear that it wasn't so bad afterall! Learning how to be happy with just yourself is a wonderful first step!

Last edited by Sannah; 01-03-2007 at 05:08 AM.

Old 01-03-2007, 12:40 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

galinaqt HB User

My husband is going to alanon meeting and one lady who also attended this meeting invited us and bunch of other people to celebrate NY almost every year. We are bringing couple things with us to add to the table but nothing unaffordable.
May be joining support groups can help somebody to find good friends.
Restaurant celebrations are normally expensive plus we have a baby we can take to home party.

Old 01-04-2007, 05:20 AM   #11
(female)

jenny07 HB User

well i made my excuses why i couldn't go out again
my anxiety is terrible now and i have no drive for life or energy to do anything

Closed Thread