It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2007, 12:19 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

firenice HB User
A Year of Happiness ?

I'm going to use this venue as an opportunity to vent a bit. I often get depressed this time of year when people start spouting the cliches. I know it's my frustration and irritation not having an outlet. So, by writing this here, I'm less depressed as I get more expressive. Wouldn't you agree that Happy New Year would make more sense if it were Happier New Year. "Hi buddy, hey, I want to wish you a happier new year." I mean, didn't you have some happiness last year. It wasn't all bad was it? And if it was, do you really think it's going to change overnight? And, would you really want a Happy New Year all year long, every day? Arent' the other emotions in our life important. I mean, no one wants to be depressed every day, day after day, night after night. But maybe happiness isn't the answer. Maybe we should be wishing each other a Meaningful New Year in hopes that we might find some meaning in our suffering. "Hi buddy, hey, I want to wish you a meaningful new year." Or, what about Justice. Maybe we get depressed as an individual response to a collective social, or even global, situation. Can you imagine a world with problems like the ones we have without people being depressed ! Now, that would be depressing !! There is certainly good reason globally to be depressed! "Hi buddy, hey, I want to wish you a new year of justice."

Anyway, I'm relatively new to the discussion boards and do want to wish everyone a new year of......insight. "Hi buddy, hey, I want to wish you an Insightful New Year."

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2007, 04:27 PM   #2
(female)

bloodyhell HB User
Re: A Year of Happiness ?

Somebody once said that we get depressed because we are sensitive to the injustice and suffering around us.
I agree with your observations. My problems are not insurmountable, but I think that the perpetual happyfaced well-wishers could definitely use a reality check--or a good slap!
Keep posting, kenwae. We need you.

Old 01-01-2007, 05:45 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota_Skye HB User
Re: A Year of Happiness ?

loved kenwae's thoughtful ideas!!
and i definitely agree with bloody's input!!

Closed Thread