It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2007, 05:13 PM   #1
(female)

Juby HB User
Question Hypnotism for depression and panic?

Has anyone had any help from being hypnotized for depression and panic attacks? I have tried almost every anti-depressant out there and nothing seems to work for me. They all make me so sick or anxious that I quit taking them. I've seen so many people taking them for years, and trying a lot of different ones, and still suffering. I want to try something different.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2007, 08:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User
Re: Hypnotism for depression and panic?

I am not sure how hypnotism would work for depression but there is a bunch of natural products out in the marketplace that do work for some people. Also I heard Accupuncture helps with depression, just an idea

trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2007, 09:35 AM   #3
(male)

Breezes HB User

Some people are better candidates than others for hypnosis. I tried a couple of visits, partly just out of curiousity. I couldn't get into it. But I have heard of people being helped for a variety of problems including anxiety. It's risk free and might be worth trying.

Old 01-02-2007, 04:21 PM   #4
(female)

Juby HB User

Thanks for the replies. I am going to try the hypnotism first as I have the name of one that is suppose to be good. I hope it will help but if not I will also try the Acupuncture. I have to find something besides the drugs. They seem to do more harm than good for so many people. I'm trying a lot of the natural things as well like Omega Joy and inositol and checking into the herb scullcap.

Old 01-04-2007, 08:00 AM   #5
(female)

maryshep HB User

Hi, I was down as anyone could get and then had clinical hypnosis by a qualified doctor. WOW! I was on cloud nine for a few weeks, and can totally recommend it, BUT there is a down side, because the real you will start to surface again. The best thing about it is you can realise what potential there is for yourself without fear and whatever made you want hypnosis in the first place. Go for it!!

Old 07-03-2007, 09:32 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Seymour93 HB User

How did the hypnosis go?

Old 07-05-2007, 07:26 AM   #7
(female)

Juby HB User

The hypnotist that I went to didn't help me. Some are better than others so I am going to try a different one later when I can find the time. I am having real good luck with Inositol for the panic attacks, but it doesn't do much for the depression. I still want to try Acupuncture as well. I know if my life was at a little slower pace that would probably help as well, but somethings we don't have control over.

Closed Thread