It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2007, 05:32 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

marian100 HB User
antidepressant that doesn't cause anxiety

i have anxiety that has been controlled by buspar. until last week when the nasty thoughts came back. not all consuming but enough that i am tired of them. i do not want to get up in the morning and face another day of this. but i do. i think an antidepressant would help. i have tried prozac, wellbutrin, zoloft, and one other that i don't remember. i was also on sinequan years ago. i have a pdoc and a therapist who work together. i know people who go on anti's and have no problems. why do others have so many problems with them. i would gladly take one if i could find one that doesn't cause anxiety or hostility or weight gain. thanks for any advice. also i am menopausal which could be adding to the problem.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2007, 12:42 PM   #2
(female)

brooke50 HB User
Re: antidepressant that doesn't cause anxiety

I really liked lexapro. I took it for anxiety, but it worked well for my depression too. I didn't gain weight on it either. Cymbalta is another one that did not make my anxiety worse. Oh, and Effexor was ok too.
Hope you find one that works.
Brooke

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2007, 01:13 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

marian100 HB User

thanks. i'll be seeing my pdioc in a week. hope it goes well.

Old 01-08-2007, 07:43 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User

The problem people have with antidepressants is that there not tailored made. Depression can be either chemical or situational, if it is chemical then you need to figure out whaqt chemical is lacking then find the drug that suits it. I have both chemical and situational depression, I need to take three seperate antidepressants to hit all of the chemicals lacking in my brain.

trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Old 01-09-2007, 07:09 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

marian100 HB User

thanks for the replies. i hope it doesn't take 3. i'm using my light for sad and am using progesterone cream for the possible hormonal anxiety. oh well. life ain't easy but it's worth it.

Closed Thread