It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2007, 12:47 PM   #1
(female)

sunshine0806 HB User
Question Lexapro and Headaches

My doctor said that the main side effect of Lexapro is headaches. I did, in fact, get mild headaches during the second week of taking it, BUT they went away soon after and I never got a headache again until recently. I've had bad headaches on and off for the past couple of weeks. I've been taking Lexapro 3 and a half months, so I wouldn't expect new side effects to be popping up now (?). Is this a common occurrence with Lexapro users (or users of like drugs)? I haven't upped the dose lately. I upped it from 10mg to 15 in Nov, but went back to 10mg a few weeks ago. The only new thing I've introduced to my diet is a biotin supplement. Probably has nothing to do with it since I just went on that a few days ago. My headaches have been the worst in the past few days, though. I do also get sinus headaches occasionally. It has been raining and snowing a lot lately, though I never get sinus headaches this bad.

I'm a little worried because someone recently posted here that they got severe headaches that they thought were caused by Lexapro, and also passed out a couple of times. I haven't felt faint, but the pain is pretty bad. Sometimes I feel a little dizzy. It was right in the middle of my forehead, now it's in my nose (which leads me to believe it could just be sinuses). I've been hesitant to blame it on Lexapro because I'm on such a low dose, and also because why would I be getting headaches now after 3 months of taking it? Any input?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2007, 11:51 PM   #2
(female)

Jessbear HB User
Re: Lexapro and Headaches

When I first started taking Lexapro, I got really awful light sensitivity headaches. Any time I went outside, it felt like someone was stabbing me in the eyes. Thankfully that went away.

Before I started taking Lexapro, I had headaches pretty frequently but interestingly enough, I think the Lexapro actually helped keep my headaches at bay. My suggestion is to talk with your doctor again to make sure there isn't something more serious going on. It's possible they're just sinus headaches, but it never hurts to get yourself checked out.

-Jess

Old 01-17-2007, 07:19 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

April7 HB User

Sunshine, please talk with your doctor about this. There' s a good chance it's related to the Lexapro....but you NEVER know. I was fatigued when I first started taking the Lex. Really badly. After a few weeks it started to go away, but then it came back. I mentioned it to the doctor and thankfully he ran blood tests just to be sure, because it turned out to be something different. At the time he said he was certain it was just a Lexapro side effect, but he'd check other things just in case. So you never know. Always better to be safe than sorry, you know?

Good luck.

Old 01-17-2007, 07:32 AM   #4
(female)

sunshine0806 HB User

When I first started on Lexapro, my doctor said if I experience headaches, then to break the pills in two and take half in the morning, half in the evening. I'm going to try this for a few days and see what happens. If the headaches persist, I'll make an appt. I'm going in for a gyno exam today, and thought about bringing this with my gyno, though I doubt she'd be of much help.

Thanks for the advice.

Old 01-18-2007, 10:53 AM   #5
(female)

Carmella1543 HB User

Hi Everyone,

Anyone experience hair loss with lexapro?

Closed Thread