It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2007, 05:28 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

alex12 HB Useralex12 HB User
Lexapro vs cymbalta anyone?

For depression mixed with anxiety has anyone had good experience with either of these drugs. M first dose of Cymbalta gave me such a headache and jitters I am afraid to take a second dose. Has anyone had success with Lexapro for depression, thinking about asking the dr. for that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2007, 02:54 AM   #2
(male)

camjunkie HB User
Re: Lexapro vs cymbalta anyone?

I had good results with Lexapro 10mg, but bad GI issues.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2007, 09:10 PM   #3
(female)

canibehappy HB User

I have had good luck for about 7 months but in the past week something has changed. I feel tired and down. I am in a struggle in my relationship so that could be just to much the the Lexapro to take care of. Once I started feeling the Lexapro 20mg I loved it. I lost a little weight, felt less anxiety, and just smiled a lot more. However, it may be time for me to switch.

Does anyone know how high of a dosage you can get on Lexapro? I really don't want to switch meds; I would much rather just take a higher dose.

Old 08-08-2007, 04:52 PM   #4
(female)

chris328 HB User

I've been on Lexapro since June 2006. I'm on 10 mg, but as of late I want every sweet in the cubboard! My smile has diminished. I'm fatiqued easily and seem to be feeling more depressed, so am thinking about asking for something else.

Old 08-08-2007, 06:22 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I recently went off of Cymbalta for a small weight gain (I have body image problems so even a little bit really bothered me) and feeling so tired on it with the dose I needed. I lowered the dose but then it didn't help me as much. I was relying on caffeine all the time and all I wanted to do was sleep! Now that I'm off of it, it's been really tough... I've been very sensitive and moodier than usual. I didn't have any weird withdrawal symptoms.. just had a bit trouble sleeping.

I haven't tried Lexapro but a friend of mine is on it and she thinks it is helping her. She is on 10mg. One of my friends who has had the toughest depression, says that Wellbutrin XL has helped her the most so far. I'm not sure of everything she has tried, but others in the past made her gain weight.

Old 08-09-2007, 09:40 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

americandancer HB User

The headache and the jitters will go away the longer you are on it. Cymbalta really helped my panic attacks, but I did have some jitteriness with it. I had less problems with that and the fatigue on 30mg instead of the 60. I think lex is great for anxiety, but I don't know about depression. I've always heard that cymbalta is more for depression and lexapro is more for anxiety disorders.

tUrRrRa, does your friend not have any problems on the wellbutrin with anxiety?

Old 08-09-2007, 01:24 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by americandancer View Post
The headache and the jitters will go away the longer you are on it. Cymbalta really helped my panic attacks, but I did have some jitteriness with it. I had less problems with that and the fatigue on 30mg instead of the 60. I think lex is great for anxiety, but I don't know about depression. I've always heard that cymbalta is more for depression and lexapro is more for anxiety disorders.

tUrRrRa, does your friend not have any problems on the wellbutrin with anxiety?
So far she has not mentioned any problems with the anxiety, but I don't know how much of a problem she had with anxiety before. She seems to really like it and hasn't complained of a single thing on it.

I definitely was less tired with 30mg of Cymbalta... 60mg hit me hard with the fatigue, but I did notice my mood being better. It was just so tough being SO tired all the time! I'm usually tired anyway without the meds and that's enough!

Old 08-09-2007, 03:31 PM   #8
(female)

claire67 HB User

I've been on Lexapro for about 9 days, and it's working wonderfully for me. I had a headache & was a bit jittery the first day (Lexapro & caffeine for some reason makes me hyper) but have not had problems since that point- I take it with breakfast & limit my caffeine & I'm okay. I have not tried Cymbalta, so could not give you a comparison on that one, sorry!

Claire

Old 08-09-2007, 09:42 PM   #9
(female)

lexi21284 HB User
Unhappy Re: Lexapro vs cymbalta anyone?

When I first started taking lexipro I had some side effects, excessive yawning and trouble peeing were the weirdest ones. I was over them in less than a month. I definately feel like it took the edge off of my anxiety. I started taking welbutrin also for depression. I find that the combination keeps my head above water, but doesn't make me feel numb.
I take 20 of lexapro and 150 of welbutrin

Closed Thread