It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2007, 06:47 AM   #1
(female)

tertree HB User
2nd day of wellbutrin

anyone want to share their stories on it? I take it and valium for anxiety on an as needed basis. Id love to hear positive stories about wellbutrin.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2007, 02:49 PM   #2
(female)

kj_johnson HB User
Cool Re: 2nd day of wellbutrin

What dosage are you on? I am prescribed XL150mg and was taking lexapro 20mg at night. I could stilllllllllllllll sleeeeeeeep . I was so worried about getting on W/B because with some people their hearts beat faster, etc. And it didn't happen to me. So I'm going up to 300mg. Some people it revs up on 150mg , others it doesn't , so if you had no problem the 1st or 2nd day, give it a try!

kjj

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2007, 02:53 PM   #3
(female)

tertree HB User
Re: 2nd day of wellbutrin

im starting on 100mg once a day for the first week then twice a day after that then i go back in one month and he said he would increase it again when i go back to see him. today has been a great day between them both porbably just the valium but either way i felt really good today and was able to do my work outside of the house with no issues!

Old 02-09-2007, 10:26 PM   #4
(female)

kj_johnson HB User
Cool Re: 2nd day of wellbutrin

Heh, they don't make W/B in 100mg that I know of, I used to take 75mg 3 times a day until they came out with the S/R and XL

I'm glad to hear u had no problems with it. You would have know by now.

And I had no problem with my increase. Why did the doc prescribe W/B..for depression, anxiety, etc.?

KJ

Old 02-11-2007, 06:16 PM   #5
(female)

tertree HB User

it really is 100mg lol i have a history of depression/anxiety, since i have moved out of state my depression and anxiety hit full force and I have tried to wait it out hoping it would clear up once i became familiar with my surroundings but it actually got worse to the point that i could not got to town alone i had to take osmeone with me or i had a panic attack. the depression was worse then it had been in years as i would cry at the drop of a hat, didnt want to do anyhtng except lay around.
before i moved my old dr gave me hydroxyzine to take on an as needed basis to help with my anxiety, one day last week i tred going out with out it and i didnt think i would make it home, i drovepast a clinic and said enough is enough and i went in. I explained to the dr my history and explained i didnt want and anti depressant that would make me gain weight asothers had so he put meon wellbutrin 100.mg once a day in a few days ill go to two a day. i also was given the valium for the anxiety attacks. supposed to take those twice a day as well but so far once a day is plenty.

Old 02-13-2007, 02:30 AM   #6
(male)

camjunkie HB User

Wellbutrin comes in 100mg in the SR formula. And it's very good. I took Wellbutrin XL 300mg and hated life - I could not sleep. I moved to Wellbutrin XL 150mg and felt nothing. So, my doctor moved me to the SR formula at 100mg 2x daily. After a few months, I like it. I might even move to Wellbutrin SR 150mg 2x daily.

Last edited by camjunkie; 02-13-2007 at 02:30 AM.

Old 02-13-2007, 07:13 AM   #7
(female)

tertree HB User

Camjunkie have you had any side effects from it? This is day 5 for me I took a half one last night (one full one in am)and will continue that until thursday then go to two full ones a day.

Old 02-13-2007, 08:18 AM   #8
(female)

aurora.sunrise HB User

I have been on Wellbrutrin 150 mg for almost 2 years now. No major side effects and it is definitely helping me cope with depression and anxiety. It took a couple of weeks to kick in at first but no problems since.

Closed Thread