It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2007, 06:32 PM   #1
(female)

nicubs82 HB User
changing antidepressants

i have been taking zoloft for 5 years now and i hate it- i feel numb to everything- does anyone have any suggestions for a new antidepressant- espicially cymbalta- i have heard good things about it

Old 02-16-2007, 05:51 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Mokie HB User
Re: changing antidepressants

i tried zoloft. lasted like 3 weeks. made me so anxious just looking at that little pill. then celexa worked for a while but made me very irratated after a while. 40 mg was to high and 30 wasn't high enough. so now taking generic prozac...fluoxitine and its a miracle drug for me. i'm not crying every moment or suicidal. its helping me to cope. my psychatrist asked me what i wanted to try after celexa and i told her i really dont' care. what ever you think. so we tried prozac and its great for me. but everyone is different.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2007, 01:35 AM   #3
(male)

camjunkie HB User

I had great success with Lexapro 10mg. I only stopped it because I had severe GI issues while I was on it (GAS!). I am taking Prozac now and don't care too much for it. I may switch to a new drug.

Old 02-17-2007, 10:07 AM   #4
(female)

TxLinda HB User

My therapist switched me from effexor to Cymbalta. At first I couldn't see much difference. I was still having severe bouts of depression. She increased my dosage from 60 mg. to 90, now I'm at 120 mg. and I'm doing better. I didn't have any side effects switching from the effexor to the cymbalta.

Old 02-17-2007, 01:10 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

Dantheinsane HB User

What works for one person does not mean it will work for another. With antidepressants they vary for each person. If you go on one of the internet encyclopedias you can look up each name of the remaining antideps. But that won't help you much.

That is why we see psychiatrists, they know this stuff, and there is also mood stabilizers, anti psychotics and anti seizures. To know how many different choices we have is simple algebra....never thought that would come in handy did you?.....

Say there is 8 antidepressants, 6 mood stabilizers, 6 anti psychotics, 7 anti seizures. Multiply all of them together and that is how many mixtures you have. 8 X 6 X 6 X 7 = A big number.

See your doctor and tell him/her what is going on.

Old 02-17-2007, 02:16 PM   #6
(male)

ZoloftMan HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by camjunkie View Post
I had great success with Lexapro 10mg. I only stopped it because I had severe GI issues while I was on it (GAS!). I am taking Prozac now and don't care too much for it. I may switch to a new drug.
Camjunkie,

I have been on Celexa for 12 days and I have had so much gas. It's not all the time but when it hits, it just seems to take over my entire thinking.....bloat, cramps, etc..

Are these the symptoms that you experience? Also, how long were you on Lexapro?

Thanks,
Z

Closed Thread