It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2007, 04:09 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

fusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB User
Red face Wellbutrin = INSOMNIA??

I posted that this was mu first day on WEllbutrin XL 150.....did well except for a headache and got anxious around 6:00 p.m. Took a Clonopin.......went to bed about 9:30 slept only a couple of hours. I have a little of a racing heart off and on......a slight headache and NO SLEEP!! Does this get better if it started on the first dose? I am afraid to take it today as I work and DO NOT want to be WIRED, ANXIOUS or Heart pounding out of my chest..........anyone experience this and it went away or did you treat the insomnia?
THANKS!

Old 03-26-2007, 05:52 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

maintainin HB User
Re: Wellbutrin = INSOMNIA??

Wellbutrin is one of the more stimulating antidepressant and can definitely cause insomnia in some people. I couldnt imagine I would ever sleep if I took it, I'm having a hard enough time sleeping with lexapro. It sucks having to start this stuff and try to hold down a job at the same time, doesnt it?

Give it a little time, it may improve.

Last edited by maintainin; 03-26-2007 at 05:54 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2007, 07:15 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I'm on Cymbalta and had a hard time sleeping the first night on it. After that, it got MUCH better. I actually got really tired for a few weeks! What time of the day are you taking it at? Definitely try taking it in the morning instead if you are taking it in the evening.. you will just have to figure out what time works best for you.. but it should hopefully get better anyway!

Old 03-26-2007, 07:24 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

fusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB User

I take it early A.M. Cymbalta and Lexapro knocked me out and I slept hard. I was going to skip it today (day 2) and try every other day for awhile but took it......i am just feeling more anxious and I want to sleep. .....me an no sleep do not do well. I work today so I hope the med sits well like yesterday.I read where some people do not get side effects for a few days on Wellbutrin. For me on SSRI meds it started on day ONE!

STILL CROSSING ALL FINGERS!!!

Old 04-06-2007, 10:06 PM   #5
(male)

camjunkie HB User

Wellbutrin XL can definitely cause insomnia. Give your body a few weeks to adjust. If your symptoms don't improve, ask your doctor about switching to the Wellbutrin SR formulation. It releases into the bloodstream faster. I have had much better success with Wellbutrin SR.

Old 04-07-2007, 12:05 AM   #6
(male)

Chair HB User

I've been using Wellbutrin XL for 2 weeks now, I've been getting a lot less sleep than normal. I had Lexapro before I was on this and it was knocking me out randomly in the day.

Closed Thread