It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2007, 07:55 AM   #1
(female)

even_sly HB User
Smile Friday - 1st daily check in!

Well, here goes... Some of you started it yesterday on my thread, which is GREAT!

Doing O.K. today. I had a 1/2 day at work yesterday to go and watch my son's play at school. SO cute.

Today I'm at work and looking forward to a 3-day weekend.

Very much feeling good these days... But sometimes, something comes in and messes that up. I've got to remember that I can CHOOSE to feel good. And today? I CHOOSE it!

How is everyone? ~ Sly

Old 04-06-2007, 04:30 PM   #2
(male)

Chair HB User
Re: Friday - 1st daily check in!

So.. I woke up at 3pm today, about an hour and a half ago. I have to read this 300pg book by Sunday so I have a ton of fun ahead of me. Only had an hour and a half of today, so far I've just tried to get my new cat aquainted with my dog without hissing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2007, 05:29 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiasmama HB User

I bought an iced tea maker...and I'm thrilled about it

Old 04-06-2007, 06:24 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Trixibel HB User

I'm about to go out to a friend's for lunch. I always feel better when i've got something 'on.'

My thoughts were a bit churned up this morning. I've just read this CBT book called 'Been There Done That Do This' which talks about tracking your negative thoughts and analysing them and putting them in proper perspective. I was thinking about this girl I was at school with who was really mean to me but our families were friends and my mother thought she was wonderful - sporty and funny - just the sort of daughter she would have liked, really, and I was thinking, 'well, this girl was really cool and she didn't like me, so I really MUST be a loser' and whap - I immediately thought, 'no, this girl was a B.... but really good at turning on the charm for adults, so no wonder my mother liked her!' It's the first time this has happened - that my brain has 'stood up' for me! It made me feel quite excited and strong.

Old 04-06-2007, 06:36 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User
I made it through my first week!

This was my first "real" week back at work in 2 months, I travelled to Ohio on Monday for work, I do client computer training. I was okay this week (except for the cold and snow ) but I realize I now have to go to bed earlier.. I used to go to bed around midnight and I get up at 6:30am, but going to bed at 10pm and getting up at 6:30am was not enough sleep this week , maybe it will be when I get used to working/travelling again. My flight home last night was delayed for a few hours so I didn't get home until about 2am this morning, and I slept from 2:30am-1:30pm and 3:00pm-6pm this afternoon, 14 hours....

A couple of things I noticed:

1. I was not annoyed by the clients at all this week (burnout/depression will make you annoyed at many things)

2. My back/neck don't hurt today (I recently found out I have osteoarthritis of the neck and spine) maybe because I had so much sleep today?

Next week is another travel week.... Hopefully it will be as good as this week was.

Last edited by SanyBelle; 04-06-2007 at 07:24 PM.

Old 04-06-2007, 07:21 PM   #6
(female)

JavaJunkee HB User
Re: I made it through my first week!

Sly how old is your son? I like your motto as well "I choose happiness for today" So true!

Had a good day off, I also have the whole long weekend off so it is nice. Had some bad news from my daughter and am trying to process it and not let it get me down. She wants to leave her 2 sons and husband because she is not happy. I cannot imagine leaving her children. I am sad she is not happy but I know she will regret this decision. Happiness never comes from hurting others. It comes from within.

Last edited by JavaJunkee; 04-06-2007 at 07:24 PM.

Old 04-06-2007, 08:03 PM   #7
(female)

even_sly HB User

((((Java)))) ~ I'm sorry about the news about your daughter. And I like what YOU said: Happiness comes from within. SO true. Yes.

My son is 9... Will be 10 at the end of this month. He's a fun little dude. We call him "G," among other nicknames... Guess I'll call him G here.

Traveller ~ Glad you had a nice week. Cool, huh?

Trix ~ *Clapping for YOU!* For standing up for YOU!

That's what I'm talkin' about!!

Kia ~ Is an "ice tea maker" different that just making tea? I mean... I guess it would be? Sounds cool... I don't like tea... But like ice tea.

Chair ~ 300 pages? Ugh. Hope you can get it done. You will!

COOL check-in today. I'm gonna like this.

Old 04-07-2007, 06:22 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota_Skye HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixibel View Post
I was thinking about this girl I was at school with who was really mean to me but our families were friends and my mother thought she was wonderful - sporty and funny - just the sort of daughter she would have liked, really, and I was thinking, 'well, this girl was really cool and she didn't like me, so I really MUST be a loser' and whap - I immediately thought, 'no, this girl was a B.... but really good at turning on the charm for adults, so no wonder my mother liked her!' It's the first time this has happened - that my brain has 'stood up' for me! It made me feel quite excited and strong.

good for yor trixi!!!!!!!!! you go girl!!!!!! so, the book is worthwhile then, is it?? you know, there are sooo many books out there, all saying that they'll be able to help you get over this and over that, and it's so hard to discern which one is really helpful...i was wondering about some REALLY good books myself. if you found this helpful, maybe i'll get it myself!!!!

Closed Thread