It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2007, 06:28 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

ChaosAD HB User
A humorous look at something that helps me

So I have noticed something that helps me in the mornings and basically any time I am home alone. I find it very funny and odd, but hey it helps. I thought I would share it here and maybe get some folks to laugh which is always good for the soul. Plus, maybe others out there have odd things that seem humorous to others but to them helps. So here is mine:

Usually when I wake up or late at nt I'm walking around the house in a shirt and boxers. Nothing odd there. I have found recently if I put on pants during this time, I feel a little less anxious and depressed. It is almost like if I'm not wearing pants my mind thinks nothing will happen for the day/nt and just gets in high gear w/ the thoughts. If I am wearing pants then I feel like I'm going to accomplish something, why else would I wear pants!

I know to many that will make no sense, but if even 1 person laughs it has done good It works for me and that is all that matters heh.

Old 04-28-2007, 11:29 AM   #2
(female)

justlilme HB User
Re: A humorous look at something that helps me

Chaos, this is actually a very true and helpful tip that I read in a mother magazine. I was reading an article that addressed tips of not succumbing to the rut of being a housewife. The article said that one thing mothers can do is to get dressed as if to go out even if they're just going to stay home. It helps motivate them to get active and do things around the house and perhaps even go out of the house for a walk or something.

Isn't that cool?!

Lol! I just realized that it's lunch time and I'm still in my pj's. That's probably why I'm not outside enjoying the warm sun, ya think? LOL

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2007, 03:16 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

Chaos, this attentiveness to what affects you is excellent!!!!! I thought it was funny until lilme explained it more and then it made sense.

Old 04-28-2007, 03:24 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

ChaosAD HB User

Ya, I just started noticing it lately. Thought it was kind of cool. Wasn't sure why it did, but just knew that it did. So now I try and make sure I'm always wearing pants lol

Closed Thread