It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2007, 04:17 PM   #1
(female)

Debjean777 HB User
Depression and constant crying

Hello, i'm in need of some support from people like myself that may understand what i'm going thru. I have suffered from bad depression for a year and 1/2. I also suffer with health anxieties and i think i worry so much that something is wrong with me all the time. I am married and have 2 sons (11 and 8). My kids are my life. I cry all the time thinking i'm going to die and not be there for them. I had a health scare a year and 1/2 ago that turned out to be nothing but ever since i worry something is wrong and it consumes me. I cry ALL the time. My job is seriously affected by this. I started taking effexor xr a year ago and it seemed to work pretty well and i was doing better mentally but i kept getting very hot and sweaty and was so tired of taking the medicine so i quit cold turkey and that was a big mistake and that was 2 months ago. Now my anxiety and depression has returned with a vengeance. I look at pictures on my wall of my kids and bawl my eyes out. I feel like i can't see the forest thru the trees. I know i need to be on medication but don't really want to take effexor anymore. Does anyone know of a good anti-depressant that doesn't have alot of side effects and that might also help with anxiety? Does Klonopin help with depression? By the way, i'm a 37 year old female.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2007, 08:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mary09 HB Usermary09 HB Usermary09 HB User
Re: Depression and constant crying

Hi Deb,
Just wanted to say sorry you are feeling so down. I dont suffer from clinical depression and so cant help you with your questions about medication but I'm sure some of the posters here will help. I just wanted to say that I understand you're wanting to be around to take care of your children. All parents feel that, it's probably just more intense because of your depression. I really hope that a different medication might help you. Hopefully someone here can give you some advice on that. Have you talked to your doctor about it?
Hope all goes well, please vent and talk anytime.

Carsam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2007, 08:57 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hello Deb

I am so sorry to hear of your deep depression and crying. I have dealt with this also. Stopping the anti-depressant cold turkey was probably not a good idea. That in itself can send you into a huge depression, Honey. I did the same as you a couple of times and learned a great deal because of it.

I am currently on a maintainence dose of Lexapro. Not recommending it, just sharing with you. What I AM finding tremendous results with is Omega 3 Fish Oil, 1000 Mg capsules. Far, far down the road, I will attempt a taper from Lexapro and make the switch totally to the omega 3. FAR down my own road.

As far as klonopin, it is an anti-anxiety medicine, not an anti-depressant. On the street, it would be called a benzo. I am in no position to give any advice about it because I am currently tapering off Xanax, another benzo. No, I am not a street buyer. Smiles. I was prescibed it off label to deal with nerve damage. For me, it was just a precursor, along with oxycodone, to a complete breakdown.

I want you to clearly understand that I have NO problem with meds as needed at all. I believe they are an absolute must at times. Absolute. Anti-depressants saved my life when I suffered a true clinical depression years ago.

FYI... there are currnetly at least two other posters on this board who also are suffereing tormenting crying as a symptom of their depression. I guess my biggest advice would be to check out their threads and do lots and lots of reading of many threads here. So much to learn! And are you in touch with your family doctor? they are often the best primary resources for medical help.

Best wishes and hoping you one small smile tonight, as well as much hope
reachout

Old 05-04-2007, 07:55 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

maggie0704 HB User

Hi debjean,
I myself, have suffered from depression for 15yrs (31yrsoldnow). I have tried Paxil, Prozac, Effexor, Zoloft, Cymbalta....yeah, i know it's a lot.
But i have found that Lexapro works best for me and has the fewest side effects. I know what you are talking about when you get hot & sweaty. It feels like menopause??? I have bad hormones and even though i am 31 i have horrible hot flashes. My skin feels cool, but i am sweating. But for me, one of the other ones caused that, not effexor. It just shows that everyones body is different and reacts to med. different. It seems that they all are made up similar, but they really do react different with everyone.
I would suggest trying Zoloft. My sister is on that and has good results.
Lexapro DOES have anti-anxiety qualities but it is more an anti-dep. where Zoloft is a little more of the anxiety. You just have to try and see.
I know it is a pain in the arse to have to keep trying and having a bad sideeffect, then trying again...but it is worth it because you can't live life feeling that way every day.
As far as coming off Effexor, that i stopped cold turkey (didn't know better) and was suicidal. It was horrible!!! So your feelings might be worsened right now from coming off of it.
Good luck!

Old 05-04-2007, 08:22 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

marian100 HB User

i have tried celexa for depression. am on buspar for anxiety with a little xanax if needed. tried others but not for me. celexa had least side effects but was to sedating. right now i am on a rollercoaster. feel better parts of day and cry others. hope you feel better soon. God bless

Old 05-04-2007, 08:54 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

maggie0704 HB User

to marian:
celexa had least side effects but was to sedating.

I am on Lexapro (newer brand of Celexa) - and i also have the least side effects on this than others. Did you really notice a big change in tiredness? Just asking because i have always battled with fatigue and wonder if this is just adding fuel to fire.
Although i have tried just about every other kind, and this one is the only bearable one.

Closed Thread