It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2007, 03:10 AM   #1
(female)

hyperchicangie HB User
Exclamation No-one Replies!!!!!

Okay, i am only new at this, but I have found that everyone reads the threads but cant be bothered offering any advise.... What the??????? C'mon everyone, if we dont help eachother, then who will???? We are all on here for similar reasons.......
Angie

Old 05-23-2007, 06:47 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User
Re: No-one Replies!!!!!

I guess you haven't read any of my thread replies.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2007, 07:22 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

mary09 HB Usermary09 HB Usermary09 HB User

I completely disagree with this. There are lots of people who reply on these boards. And there are alot more that just "read". That does not mean they dont want to help, they just may either not feel confident or comfortable to do so, or that they cant relate to that particular problem.
I see alot of people on here who post for the first time, and they say that they've been reading for along time, and then sometimes, one particular post will relate to them so much that it gives them the strength to post something when they may not have been ready to before.
There is alot of wonderful help here, and hopefully if you're around long enough you will see that.

Carsam

Old 05-23-2007, 08:01 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

ChaosAD HB User

We have a couple of ppl that seem to try and at least stop by each time they can to help ppl. The rest of us read, but only reply when we think we have something to offer or have gone through similar stuff and can help. I would comment more, but lately it has either been about drugs I have never taken or events I haven't gone through and can't even begin to say I understand.

Personally, I think this board has been great. They helped me seek help and have helped me along different stages. They give joy when good things happen and at times give me that slap on the back of the head when I go off the road heh.

It isn't that anyone cares, but no one that day might have had the answers or replies in them. Also, remember that after a day a unanswered post usually goes to second page so feel free to bump it if you need stuff. I've seen this a few times where something slipped by, the person bumped it to get advice etc and they got it.

With all that said hyperchicangie, what is you need advice on or vent about?

I will wish you the best.

Old 05-23-2007, 09:02 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

emma j HB User

i'd tend to agree. i posted a thread last night and i got 25 views and not one reply..Not really good when your already feeling crap.

Old 05-23-2007, 09:05 AM   #6
(female)

even_sly HB User

I agree with Chaos, though. I don't know a lot about things that people post about. So I read and then feel bad that I have nothing to offer.

Then again, would people like just a "I hear ya; I'm sorry; hang in there" response? I don't know.

I want to help as much as possible! Believe me. I love this board... So many people... GOOD thoughts and ideas.

I guess what I'm saying is we're all doing our best here. Aren't we? There are several people that help a lot and I think that's great.

Keep trying, O.K.? This is an awesome board with some really great people.

(((((hugs))))) ~ Sly

Old 05-23-2007, 10:03 AM   #7
(female)

justlilme HB User

I agree with Carsam. Some people may not relate and think they haven't any good advice to give. You also have to remember that this is a depression board with many, many people seeking advice. Maybe the number of views on your thread are all people who are seeking advice and cannot give advice because they are so down in the pits. Personally, I have issues with not wanting to be noticed that I don't even respond to the responses I get in my own threads, lol!

This is the first day I'm back on the boards in three weeks since I've been so depressed, but I feel fine now and I'm back. Like Chaos asked, what is it that you want to talk about? We'd like to help.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:54 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

Seymour93 HB User

Threads slide once in a while. Nothing personal I am sure....People are reluctant to give medical advice unless they know the topic(with good reason)......... Stick around, this is a great site!

Old 05-23-2007, 11:12 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

mary09 HB Usermary09 HB Usermary09 HB User

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to add...that just because people "view" only, doesnt mean they're not being helped. Sometimes, just seeing how many people feel the same way, and reading their situations and how they deal with them, can help them.
It's not just a matter of not replying to posts, sometimes, I take 15 or 20 minutes to respond to someones post and then I never hear anything from them again. Do I think that's a waste of my time? Of course not! Because maybe they read it, and it was either not helpful, or it was and for some reason they choose not to post again.
Because my mom is the one who suffers from depression, (I am her support group), I dont know anything about meds, so of course I dont respond to those posts. But I read them, and wish everyone well and if I can help in any other way I try. I have seen people come on here at very low points, and I have watched them make it through some really hard days on this board. So we may not all be "perfect" and respond to each and every persons post, but I think people have to remember that people come here voluntarily and give of their time and of their hearts to others. Please lets not make each other feel guilty about not responding as its not personal, how can it be? We have enough pressure from our everyday lives.
If someone has an issue and they dont get a post, they should just post again, or like Chaos said, it maybe slipped to the next page, so bring it back. If someone posts a second time, and says they really need help, there's usually an excellent chance someone will reply.

Peace and blessings to you all!!! I dont post to everyone on this board, but I read all the posts and think there are some great souls on here.....

Carsam

Old 05-23-2007, 11:16 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

MariaBB HB User

Sometimes I can relate to what the poster is going through, and I reply about how I'm handling the situation. Sometimes I just feel I'm not smart enough or recovered enough to offer any meaningful advice. It doesn't mean I don't care, just I'm under qualified.

Old 05-23-2007, 03:05 PM   #11
(female)

Toffee1 HB User

I agree with everything everybody has said. I see some about certain drugs and questions about things I really do not have a clue about and have not experienced. I would hate to answer a post with completely the wrong answer as I feel that it could do more damage. I have had an odd ocasion when my thread has not had many replies but then on another I have had plenty of nice and good advice so I think nothing of it.

Dont feel dishearted or take it personally - I just think sometimes people just dont know what to say for the best. Everybody here has their own pressures.

All the best. Warm wishes!!!

Old 05-23-2007, 09:00 PM   #12
(female)

hyperchicangie HB User
Red face Re: No-one Replies!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by even_sly View Post
I agree with Chaos, though. I don't know a lot about things that people post about. So I read and then feel bad that I have nothing to offer.

Then again, would people like just a "I hear ya; I'm sorry; hang in there" response? I don't know.

I want to help as much as possible! Believe me. I love this board... So many people... GOOD thoughts and ideas.

I guess what I'm saying is we're all doing our best here. Aren't we? There are several people that help a lot and I think that's great.

Keep trying, O.K.? This is an awesome board with some really great people.

(((((hugs))))) ~ Sly

OMG!!!! So many replies!!! Okay, so maybe I was just a little ****** that noone answered my thread!!! I totally get where you are all coming from... and I agree with all. I do read other ppls threads and get alot out of others' experiences even if Im not on that specific medication, I still relate!! So I suppose I was just venting???? This IS a GREAT forum and has helped me a lot already.... Thanks to you all!!! mwahhhhh!!! Angie

Old 05-24-2007, 01:03 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Alex6657 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperchicangie View Post
OMG!!!! So many replies!!! Okay, so maybe I was just a little ****** that noone answered my thread!!!
I hear ya ! Seriously, I do. You should track down my "Farwell" thread... I did the same thing .

Old 05-24-2007, 04:52 PM   #14
Inactive
(female)

xxxzoexxx HB User

For quite a while now i haven't started any threads, i only come here to read and try my best to help.

If anyone wants to chat about anything i'd like to think i can at least comfort them a bit. pm me if you want

Last edited by xxxzoexxx; 05-24-2007 at 04:54 PM.

Closed Thread