It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2007, 09:24 AM   #1
(male)

Zitful Delight HB User
Could i be depressed??

im fatigued all the time, never feel like doing anything, dont go anywhere, im afraid to leave the house, sometimes i feel like im not in my body which leads me to panic and my heart to beat fast, also i feel i am not controlling my body...i have a lot of reasons to be depressed, i cant control my diabetes, im getting bad grades in school, my acne really brings me down when i look in the mirror, i feel like theres no hope...could these be symptoms from my hypothyroid disorder or am i depressed? i just dont feel like me...cant explain it any better. anyone else felt like this?

Old 05-23-2007, 10:15 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

dustoffkid HB Userdustoffkid HB User
Re: Could i be depressed??

Yes, it does have symptoms of depression, but also some of the ones for borderline personality disorder and anxiety. It would be a really good idea to consult a doctor about this. No one here can diagnose you, and the treatment that can help you can be really effective (if you can get up to do it). Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2007, 10:28 AM   #3
(female)

justlilme HB User

Hi Delight. It sounds like you are depressed because of your physical ailments. Are you in college or high school? Maybe you're experiencing normal growing pains with the acne. Have you tried acne products like Proactiv?

Maybe you need to talk to someone about how you're feeling, a therapist. I think you need to start loving yourself and your body and start accepting that your diabetes and thyroidism are simply two more little tasks you have to do to take care of your body and are not disorders that define how you should feel about yourself. Yes, it's easy to say and hard to do, but I understand because I've been there with my eczema (I felt extremely ugly with my bad skin) and now with my depression. These are just a couple more things that people like you and me have to do to take care of ourselves. Taking medicine is just like brushing teeth.

Believe it or not, your self-love will shine through your physical attributes and people will notice your personality more than your physical faults. I know you can let your inner beauty radiate. I hope you'll continue to post so we can get to know you and see your inner beauty.

Old 05-23-2007, 01:01 PM   #4
(male)

Breezes HB User

I don't have diabetes, but there is a connection between that and depression. I was having trouble tolerating sugar without feeling exhausted, drowsy, and more depressed. My doctor told me that depressed people may be at a higher risk of developing diabetes. And diabetics have a higher incidence of depression. His recommendations were regular exercise, maintain a healthy weight, and have a proper diet. I follow a low glycemic diet and feel a lot better.

Old 05-23-2007, 02:40 PM   #5
(male)

Zitful Delight HB User

actually i do seem to feel a lot better when my sugar is in the normal range

Old 05-23-2007, 06:34 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

ExTra111 HB User

Don't lauge, really please don't or I won't carry on. But my mum told me to eat more BANANA, yes, b-a-n-a-n-a, coz she says banana has sth that could make people feel happy... I haven't actually tried yet, but I guess I would... one day... My mum does eat quite a lot of banana, this is probably why she is always happy...

Ok, now, stop laughing...

Closed Thread