It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2007, 08:56 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

ChaosAD HB User
Thursday

Figured I would start today. The is well, average, which I can totally go with. Average can be good heh. It is def much better then yesterday so far *knocks on wood*. After work I was able to talk to a friend of mine and my mums. I was able to vent about the day and got some good advice form them. I also was able to head to the gym after work and work some stress out. Then I played some games and got the rest of it out so that I could relax and sleep. I woke up at times and my mind would want to race, but I would talk to it and just say 'now is time to sleep'. That seemed to work ok.

There is supposed to be a softball game today, so I'm hoping to go to that. Haven't been out, besides work, at all this week besides the gym. So it will be a nice change.

Hope everyone is doing well!

EDIT: Just saw you are feeling under the weather Sannah. Hope you feel better soon! I know how much allergies can suck.

Last edited by ChaosAD; 05-24-2007 at 09:16 AM.

Old 05-24-2007, 11:37 AM   #2
(female)

even_sly HB User
Re: Thursday

O.K., question Chaos: You say "mum" when talking about your mother.

Interesting...

I'm from the east coast USA and I grew up calling my mother, "mum."

Are you from the east coast too?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2007, 11:39 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

MariaBB HB User

I'm so confused Don't know which Thursday to post to (LOL) Hey! It's almost the weekend, and I'm ready for it. I've got two days with my bosses traveling so you know I'm It's Therapy Thursday so I'll ask my therapist about Prozac vs. Paxil. Chaos, what's with your ex and the get togethers? Everyone else doing OK?

Old 05-24-2007, 11:54 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

Thanks Chaos! I just did an update on Allie's thread. I am feeling better this afternoon after staying out of my yard and in the house. I am shocked that the grass allergy could make me so short of breath and ill feeling (I explained over there why I have never reacted to grass before). So now I know what to avoid and I am feeling MUCH better! So I am done crying for today!!!!

Am glad that you are doing much better! How are your allergies?

Last edited by Sannah; 05-24-2007 at 11:55 AM.

Old 05-24-2007, 11:58 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

ChaosAD HB User

It wacky Thursday today it seems w/ the 2 threads here.

even_sly
I'm from Fla original and now live in SC. Calling mothers mums is def not from either area heh. I just started doing it while back. I have a few friends from England and NZ and that is what they said and I guess I just picked it up. Plus, it just sounds diff and sort of cool heh.

MariaBB
The ex is basically the event planner around here. If there is a b-day she brings the cake. If it is a going away she plans it. So her planning it isn't too much of a surprise. Last Friday's no invite lunch was a surprise though. Honestly, not really shocked she didn't tell me about tomorrow and I heard thru another source. Either way if asked about it I'm just saying I already had plans. So that is that.

Sannah
Glad to hear you are feeling better. My allergies have been acting up for the past couple of months. I take Zyrtec every night for it. Sometimes though that isn't enough and I have to take sinus medicine as well for the headaches and other symptoms. My main culprit is pollen and dust.

Other then that today has been an ok day. Nothing great, but also nothing horriable. So I can def take that

Last edited by ChaosAD; 05-24-2007 at 11:59 AM.

Old 05-24-2007, 01:26 PM   #6
(female)

even_sly HB User

Hehe Chaos. I purposely stopped calling my mom "mum" when I moved because no one said it. I was really young, though... And also in the TV business - A reporter and I felt I had to say everything "correctly."

BUT, I know what you mean... I live in the midwest now and people here call soft drinks like Coke and Sprite "soda." Out east it was "pop." So, I started saying soda because I thought it was COOL and liked it better! So, I'm with you on that!!

Old 05-25-2007, 06:01 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

ChaosAD HB User

My 2 main areas where I got speech growing up was Fla and Indiana. So needless to say I heard tons of southern redneck and lots of down home talk. I loved the way it was in Ind more. Crick instead of creek, soda was pop, etc. Basically like you said. It just seemed more of a homey feeling.

Old 05-25-2007, 06:57 AM   #8
(female)

even_sly HB User

Hehe, Chaos... I was born in West Virginia; grew up in Pittsburgh, PA and now live in Wisconsin... So, yeah... I'm a big mish-mash of stuff.

My dad used to call me a hillbilly when I was a kid...

I don't "think" I have an accent... But when I see my family out east, they say I do.

In Pittsburgh they say "worsh" instead of "wash." Now THAT was one I didn't want to take with me to Wisconsin...

Closed Thread