It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2007, 11:24 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Meds make me feel out of it!

I'm currently on 60mg of Cymbalta but will be moving down to 30mg very soon. The reason for this is that yes, it's helping my anxiety and depression greatly, but it's almost helping a little TOO much and I'm too relaxed that I nearly feel drunk part of the time. I sleep way too much some days and have trouble getting up and feel out of it and off in my own world a lot of the time. I can't focus very well either because I'm too relaxed. Sometimes it's hard for me to even listen to people!! I really hope moving down to 30mg helps me.. I'd rather feel how I do now than miserable and sad, but I need to be focused and a bit more alert!

Have any of you dealt with this before? Let me know and what you did with that.

Old 05-25-2007, 11:55 AM   #2
(female)

even_sly HB User
Re: Meds make me feel out of it!

I'm hoping the lower dose will help you with the energy thing. I don't feel out of it at all on the meds I take, but each person is different. So yes, I'd try the lower dose and if you're feeling O.K. and the med is helping with your depression, then I'd stick with it. But if the lower dose doesn't help with your depression, you may have to move to another drug. Take care and let us know how you are. ((((hugs)))) ~ Sly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2007, 12:40 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

americandancer HB User
Re: Meds make me feel out of it!

I've moved down to 30 and I think it's just right for me. I was actually tired and nervous feeling both at the same time at 60mg, but the 30 is a lot better. I think the foggy feeling is supposed to get better the longer you're on it.

Closed Thread