It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2007, 07:02 AM   #1
(female)

even_sly HB User
Friday

I can't EVEN tell you how EXCITED I am to have a 3-day weekend. I REALLY need it.

Chaos ~ I carefully checked this morning to see if you had already posted a Friday thread... Hehe. I think I'm O.K. this time? Haha.

How is everyone? I really like these daily check ins because it's a chance to get to know each other... Offer support... etc.

My son's baseball team lost last night... Ugh. Now they're 1 - 4. It rained HUGE at the game. I was surprised they didn't call it. Oh well. Not too bad on the loss, though: 14 - 11. Now if it had been 14 - 2 or something, that wouldn't have been good.

I hope to stop in back and forth here and see what's up. Hugs to all of you... Hope you're feeling O.K. today. ~ Sly

Old 05-25-2007, 07:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

MariaBB HB User
Re: Friday

Hey Sly, Even if your son's team isn't doing so well, I think it's great that he's playing and that you're supporting him! Some parents are indifferent or "too busy" for that sort of thing. Go Sly!

I too am very grateful for the 3-day weekend, and can't wait to kick it off!Last year I had a horrible Memorial Day weekend. Nothing bad happened, I just had MAJOR Depression. I moped around the house for three days and felt abandoned by God. Later my husband's car died and I said, "See! There's proof that God abandoned me!" This year my depression is cyclical (not constant) and I feel MUCH better (whew!). No matter what happends, this will be a better Memorial Day than last year. I hope it is great for all of you!

Last night my therapist said he didn't think Paxil caused weight gain. I trust him so I'll give it a try. If I have a bad reaction I'll switch back to Prozac. Unfortunately, he wants to to scale back my caffeine intake - that will be a challenge!

Sannah, it must be tough living with your allergies. Especially since the weather is getting nice. I'm sorry to hear the person who has made me feel better so many times is suffering.

Last edited by MariaBB; 05-25-2007 at 07:23 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2007, 07:26 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaBB View Post
Sannah, I'm sorry to hear the person who has made me feel better so many times is suffering.
Thanks Maria! I am better now just staying out of my yard and in the house more. It will all be better after my next shot in two weeks. I just have to hang out until then. Hopefully the grass pollens will decrease by then too. They should only be high for a month.

You should have a much better holiday this year. You have made a lot of progress!

Old 05-25-2007, 07:38 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

pucca_chick HB User

hey, sorry to damped the mood-i am CRAP. exam in the morning. but i think ill just let it aaaallll wash over me .

hope your all well-and good luck to your sons team!

xox
are my own
But theyre not yours,
they are my own
And i am never broken

Old 05-25-2007, 07:47 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

MariaBB HB User

Hey Pucca, I think we post to these daily check-ins to make sure we're all doing OK with our depression and to help each other if we're not. You're not dampening the mood, and I'm glad you joined us. What is your exam on? Is it the only thing bothering you, or is anything else going on as well?

Old 05-25-2007, 08:59 AM   #6
(female)

even_sly HB User

Totally NOT dampening the mood, Pucca. NO WAY. That's what we're here for... To listen. I am FULLY up for it. Tell us more... Can we help?

(((((((((((hugs)))))))))))

And thanks for the good thoughts for my son's team!!

Old 05-25-2007, 09:20 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

ChaosAD HB User

The day is going well. I completely re-installed Windows on my work computer. So for the past few hours I've been updating and installing LOTS of stuff. It has kept me busy but is also very boring. I'm def skipping tonights party. In a nice bit of luck one of my friends asked me to see a movie tonight with her so I will be doing that instead. Should be a nice break from the usual and will be nice to actually go out on a Friday for once.

Sannah, glad to hear the allergies are improving. For me I just have to try and stay inside as much as possible when it gets real bad or else my head will be a mess and hurt.

Hope everyone is doing well...back to updating more of my computer heh.

Old 05-25-2007, 09:38 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

Chaos, I have discovered what worked really well for me. I have been taking care of my children for years with all sorts of allergies but I have never had pollen allergies before. I had to do some of the things that I do for my kids. I take a shower once I am in the house for the rest of the day/night and I rinse out my nose with salt water to remove the pollen. When I did both of these things my symptoms stopped for the evening. The meds don't help completely. If you are going to start the evening showers be sure to at least change your pillow case the first night.

Closed Thread