It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2007, 05:00 PM   #1
(male)

kjarels HB User
Lexapro

So glad I didn't listen to a few posts about not taking lexapro. It has been by far the best medication I have taken so far for depression. I was on Paxil CR and gained over 40 lbs on it, was on luvox, just got off Zoloft and have been on lexapro for about 3 weeks now. It has really helped my depression and trust me I am going through a very rough time in my life. My wife and I are going through a divorce and I was two buildings from the mass murders at Virginia Tech. I know all meds work differently for everyone but so far this one rules.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2007, 09:53 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

janx HB User
Re: Lexapro

Thank you for posting that. I have a loved one who has been prescribed Lexapro and I have been very...concerned due to the negative things I have heard about it. It is good to know that it has helped someone. Thanks again and I hope it continues to work for you. Bren

Last edited by janx; 05-31-2007 at 09:54 AM. Reason: forgot something

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2007, 11:24 AM   #3
(male)

kjarels HB User

You are very welcome. For every negative post I have read about lexapro I have seen more positives then negatives. I realize every med reacts differently on individuals but so far this one has been good for me. I can not speak about sexual side effects since that hasn't happened in a while but everything else has been ok.

Old 05-31-2007, 11:39 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Steve1 HB User

Different Meds for different people!

Lexapro made me sick... Had a hard time sleeping and made more nervous...

Back on prozax now and i have talked to many who had the same reaction with the prozac...

Good for you...

Old 06-01-2007, 11:53 AM   #5
(male)

kjarels HB User

Thanks Steve, yeah I heard that from some people but I can tell a difference in my depression and Lord knows I needed something with everything going on in my life. Take care!!

Old 06-04-2007, 04:05 PM   #6
(female)

patricia61 HB User

Lexapro works great for me. I was on Prozac a few years ago, had no real problems, just needed something more effective. So on my own stopped everything (smart, huh) and really went down that dark hole. Lexapro has been a life saver for me.

Old 06-08-2007, 02:17 PM   #7
(female)

Kimwwe HB User

Hi,
Actually, I just started on Lexapro around a month ago. I went to my Doc. after 3 weeks of being on it and said it's not really helping too much yet. He said "well it's only been 3 weeks" (which makes since-they take a while) but he upped my dose to 60 mg's a day. The pharmacy thought that was pretty high so I was wondering if anyone else ever took that much before from their Doctor. I don't want to overdo it! Thank you!

Old 06-08-2007, 07:39 PM   #8
(male)

kjarels HB User

Wow, I am a big guy and I only take 20 mgs a day. I am not sure what the max dosage is?? I would do some research.

Old 06-14-2007, 02:33 AM   #9
(male)

triplexlamb HB User

Lexapro helps me a lot also. The only side effect I have are the sexual side effects. I read somewhere that Gingko Biolba? helps. I recently tried that and i think it helps a little. It's kinda soon to really tell though. But Lexapro helps with my depression, anxiety. I'm also sure it is making me lose weight (which is good lol) and i swear it is clearing up my skin! Not just acne, but overall my skin just seems more fresh and younger looking.

Old 06-14-2007, 03:11 AM   #10
(male)

mixer HB User

I was on 10mg and then the doc said that it's best to go to 15mg. But at that dose I encountered sexual problems so I went back to 10mg and I am OK. After 3 months into the treatment I had stopped it for a month or so but I think it was a mistake. I'll be visiting the doc soon and I'll discuss this with him.

Old 06-14-2007, 08:15 AM   #11
(male)

kjarels HB User

Well its been the best antidepressant so far that I have been on.

Closed Thread