It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2007, 04:18 PM   #1
(male)

ironjam HB User
is there such thing as a mood lifter med?

hi, ive suffered with depression and anxiety for longer than i can remember. ive been risperidone and its helped my anxiety but i still need an antidepressant. the thing is is that i'm ALWAYS in a bad mood. from the second i wake up to the time i go to bed. i snap at everybody. i flip out at little stupid things such as getting red lights or losing a pen. i always look at the down side to things.always.. its horrible. i wouldnt wish it upon anyone. its impossible to have a normal life when your always in a bad mood... and everyone around me thinks i'm an evil person or something.
what do i do?
would you consider this depression? i'm not exactly sad, but just angry all the time. is there a drug that can help my problem? i'd appreciate any advice.
thankyou!

Old 06-01-2007, 06:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User
Re: is there such thing as a mood lifter med?

What you are describing sounds like depression but you really should see a doctor for proper diagnosis. Antidepressants do increase your mood when you are on the right one at the right dose. Everyones chemical makeup is different so I cannot recommend one. I currently take Lithium, plus a bunch of other things, which is a mood stabilizer it is suppose to keep my bads from being too bad but it also stops my happiness from going over the top when it is working properly. Hope this helps

take care
trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2007, 08:35 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota_Skye HB User

hey iron,

lamictal is another one. it's being used often these days with quite good results. ask your doctor about it.

best,

dakota

Old 06-02-2007, 02:17 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

72575 HB User

Lexapro has worked for me very well. I had the same problem that you described. The nice thing about it is that it wokrs fairly quickly, taking hold within a week or so. See your doctor.

Closed Thread