It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2007, 08:42 PM   #1
(female)

even_sly HB User
Saturday - Sunday

Well, thought I'd combine the two weekend days again and just check in. I responded to that post about loving your therapist? I've got a LONG story about that one. Very confusing, weird, crazy, etc. But it has a good outcome. And that's cool.

Had a GREAT day. Yoga and then Target with my boy. Baseball game - His team lost, but they played good. Oh well. Then we did dinner and watched the first "Rocky" movie. I've been renting good sports movies for my son. He loves them. We've watched "Rudy," "Hoosiers," stuff like that.

Hope you all have a good Sunday. If it's warm out, we're going to set up our son's Bonsai Falls water slide. It ROCKS! Hehe. Later ~ Sly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2007, 11:44 PM   #2
(female)

justlilme HB User
Re: Saturday - Sunday

Sly, glad to hear you're having a fun weekend so far! You're lucky your son watches sports movies. I'd prefer that over the Nascar and MotoGP races my son watches with his dad, lol! He's already said he wants to be a racer when he grows up. Yikes!

My weekend is going well. I had oral surgery yesterday. It wasn't as bad as I was expecting, although the doctor was very good and gentle. He even personally called me at home to check up on me and see how I was doing. My husband started teasing me about the doc liking me. But I got him back by teasing him about how his therapist personally called him on his birthday, and how she kept calling to beg him not to stop therapy. I got him good!

I'm happy overall, except a little grumpy because I haven't eaten decently since Thurs night. The stitches won't come out until a week, so no solids until then. Are you kidding me??? Food is my vice and I am grumpy. I swear I'll become a rail by the end of the week if I don't eat soon, lol. I loved food so much when I was little that the pig became the official animal my aunts gave me on toys, purses, sweaters, and all the other christmas gifts they bought me.

I hope everyone else is enjoying their weekend.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2007, 08:43 AM   #3
(female)

even_sly HB User

Darn, juslilme! You can't "eat?" Ugh. Milkshakes!! You can drink lots of milkshakes. Yummy. Hope you're feeling good today?

Hehe ~ Nascar? We've never really watched that in our house. But my dad and brother watch it all.the.time.

Sunday... No plans. Well, I plan to get this house in order a bit. I have "messes" everywhere I need to clean up. Hehe.

I'll be around... Hugs! ~ Sly

Old 06-03-2007, 10:15 AM   #4
(female)

justlilme HB User

Ooooo, Sly, I had an awesome piece of cheesecake at one of the parties we went to yesterday. And I sucked on a tiny piece of chicken. I was actually so proud of myself because I mingled with strangers at the parties!!! This is the first for me. I'm always been very shy and insecure, feeling like people can see through me and criticize what they see. But not yesterday. I feel so relieved and pleasantly peaceful.

Today is another party, but my husband will take the kids to that one. I'm going to hang out with my brother and his girlfriend, just veg at my mom's house. But not until I clean this house. I swear, if CPS came over to my house right now, they would take my kids away because it's soooo messy. Well, not that bad, but you know what I mean.

Happy cleaning, Sly!

Wishing everyone a happy Sunday

Old 06-04-2007, 08:29 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

ChaosAD HB User

Even
Sounds like a good weekend. I must say I have a fascination with Target. If at all possible I will go there over most other stores heh. It sounds like you had a Indiana theme with Hosiers and Rudy. Most of my family is from Lafayette Ind so that is a good theme foe me

justlilme
Sorry to hear about the Dentists visit, I really hate the dentists over all other docs. It sounds like you were taking it in stride and not letting it get you down. I agree with Even, anytime I've had something like that I had lots of milkshakes. They tasted great and the coldness of it helped numb anything that hurt.

My weekend was ok. It rained all weekend with the Tropical Storm that hit. No down pours or thunderstorms, just constant rain. It made me very lethargic in the sense I didn't want to do anything. I had planned on getting lawn work done but of course that didn't happen. So it turned into a lazy weekend for me. Overall not bad but I wish I had gone out and done something at least. I didn't even go to the gym which I do almost every day, esp on the weekend.

Hope everyones week is starting of well!

Old 06-04-2007, 09:58 AM   #6
(female)

justlilme HB User

Chaos, thanks for the kind words. I've been meaning to tell you this for a while now... I applaud you for being so strong through your whole ordeal with your ex and work!! You let yourself feel the really bad and the not so bad feelings and you just went with the motions from day to day. You kept busy with housework, the gym, watching tv, etc and always stayed proactive with getting yourself through especially hard days. I also admire that you weren't in any rush to find someone new to replace your ex. Instead, you're taking the healthy route and healing yourself first before taking on anything new. I have no doubt, my friend, that you can weather any storm. I'm proud of you!!!

Old 06-04-2007, 10:10 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

ChaosAD HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlilme View Post
I also admire that you weren't in any rush to find someone new to replace your ex. Instead, you're taking the healthy route and healing yourself first before taking on anything new.
That def wasn't the case in the beginning. I ran out ASAP and tried to find a 'replacement'. After a few dates and such, I found that doing that just didn't feel right. Every now and then I still get that feeling, but haven't acted on it. I know that basically when you are looking you hardly find. It is when you least expect it that you find that right person. That has always been the case with me at least.

...and thanks for your words. It means a lot.

Last edited by ChaosAD; 06-04-2007 at 10:11 AM.

Old 06-04-2007, 11:26 AM   #8
(female)

jujubeez725 HB User

Hi there

Even
Jus
and K.os!!!!!!

Closed Thread