It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2007, 05:44 AM   #1
(male)

endlosung HB User
unsure what to do next

I am appx forty four, I have worked most of my life traveled and done many things, My life seemed stable up untill this last year.
I have four brothers and we all lived in the same area,Things changed when my mother died in 2000, and my youngest brother left for kansas to live with a girl he met on line, He left in the beginning because of an over bearing father that is a control freek, and only wants to use his kids for his own gain and has not natural affection.
My next to the last brother left to start school in kansas and get away from our father and the opressive religion that we were made to grow up in, Jehovahs witness cult.
Things seemed fine, I went once a year or so and visited my brother and his now wife and twins, and other brother.
but we are from michigan and the economy collapsed this year.
The only brother I had left went to south carolina to work and is selling his home and moving, I also sold my home as I do not want to be the only person in michigan dealing with the witness assault [when you leave the cult they keep comming at you to either get you disfellowshiped as the put it shunned, or get you to come back] and also to deal with a father who is opressive.
We spent the winter in arkansas and bought property and love the town we settled on, but things now seem so upside down, I am lost as to what to do, I started to think that wichita kansas was maybe not so bad and that I had two brothers there, and maybe to be near family was more inportant than being in a town you liked, my brother who is moving to south carolina and I love south carolina, does not know for sure what he is doing, he has just had a new child and he worked for our father who treated him like crap and now wants him to stick around and work four hours every other day as work is dead in michigan. Our father does not think about any one but him self.
I have feelings of emptyness and feel lonly, my wife also feels this way.
I need help in sorting out my feelings and getting on track.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2007, 01:34 PM   #2
(female)

Trish17 HB User
Re: unsure what to do next

Endlosung,

I hope you can settle some place soon. Arkansas is a good state.

Nothing can help you more than finding a place with God. You don't have to work your way to heaven, as Jehovah's witnesses say. God hears prayer. It's very hard to wait and listen, especially when you need something right now. Arkansas has lots of good, supportive Christian churches.

I'm on this board as a person who experienced depression, and I have to have God to make it through each day. Best of luck to you, and a prayer from me.

Trish

Closed Thread